Easy2Boot V1 - Make a USB MultiBoot drive that is easy to set up and maintain

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by steve2926, Apr 20, 2013.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry, I guess you didn't get it!

If I prepare a drive for to use with an different OS, in this case with the Linux Bootfiles and Group Loader, I would never use an otherwise used drive! And who even think about that would be crazy.

The HDD used were newly partitioned and formatted and nothing else that your apps and my 5 ISO's were placed. So, normally if even couldn't be fragmented.

Now read my other post again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. steve2926

steve2926 MDL Member

Nov 13, 2010
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe it would be a better idea if you would stop to post every day a new Beta and test forehand you apps is really working!

Your last post's about my problems with your apps seems to be just an excuse! How could newly low and high level formatted drive's in either USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 have fragmented files which also just newly copied from and defragmented storage?!

I added yesterday to the new USB 3.0 (low and high level formatted just before) just 15 ISO's and switched it of after 12 hour running WinContig which were NOT finish. Because of lack of an progress indicator I could not see on what stages that process were. And that was the only process running on that computer where that apps is running!

Again: I'm everything but satisfied!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. steve2926

steve2926 MDL Member

Nov 13, 2010
    #65 steve2926, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
    (OP)
    Hi
    I am sorry you are not satisfied.
    No one else has reported problems.
    Easy2Boot does not add any files during operation or move files. Any defrag or contiguous issues you have must be due to something weird with your equipment.
    If you freshly format a volume and copy files over and the volume is fragmented (which should be virtually impossible!) then how is that Easy2Boot's fault?? All you have done is copy over files???

Why not use Windows Format to format the drive and Windows Explorer to copy over files - then run WinContig manually
    (RMPrepUSB - SHIFT+F2) to see what happens.

RMPrepUSB has been download 500,000 times from people all over the world - you are the first to report such problems...:confused:
    How exactly are you preparing the drives and copying over files?

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry, I don't understand either!

Same as I didn't understand that you seems to be having problems with what I wrote! But OK, in ALL Details now and please read carefully and did not ask me again or try to explain that I've to do the same again because I did already:

• Prepare the Drive: Low Level Format for to get the drive totally clean
    • High Level format using Windows Drive Management for to create the Partition in NTFS
    • Format using FULL format from within Windows File Manager
    • Using the by you delivered apps to install and setup the drive for Easy2Boot follow the Instruction of your site
    • Placing the Easy2Boot Files from Archive using 7zip and extract directly to D:\ while D is the Easy2Boot USB 3.0 Drive (or USB 2.0 Drive)
    • Copy the ISO to the Folder d:\_ISO\Windows\[Version_Dir] (because all ISO are Windows ISO's)
    • Check to boot and install one of the ISO's and get Error:60
    • Run WinContig
    • after about 12h NOT finish and switch of the Drive

So any more of your repeated advices? What is trigger that the drive or files are fragmented, I don't know. My original Storage Drive and all files on it are defragmented in the night from Friday to Saturday. So, that said, it could not come from my machine! May there is an bug in your apps which triggers the defragment process, that I could not tell, it's up to the developer of that apps.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's running Defragmentation of all HDD on schedule every Friday Night and I use the Auslogic defrag for some years for that already. It was just to explain to you what were done.

The Low Level Format apps I use is Payware: HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool v4.25 from 2012

Ok, what I didn't understand is, that I get always the Error:60 and according to yourself, it must be from your apps because I run WinContig AFTER the Error come up, not BEFORE! But I run the Auslogic defrag for the Easy2Boot Drive now for 5min and will see what happen after that's finish: I could start an installation from Easy2Boot drive or not and get Error 60 again?!

7. steve2926

steve2926 MDL Member

Nov 13, 2010
    OK - but be aware that auslogic defrag just defrags a drive but does NOT make the files contiguous. You need to run WinContig after using auslogic defrag because it undefragments the files!

I only suggested auslogic defrag to analyze the drive - in my experience, auslogic defrag makes the file fragmentation worse if you run a 'defrag' on the drive.

The instructions on my site are:
    1. Run RMPrepUSB to format a drive
    2. Install grub4dos
    3. Run WinContig

If you are running any kind of defrag after that, then you may well be destroying the contiguous files which may be why you think Easy2Boot is doing it???

Defragging a drive is NOT the same as making all files on the drive contiguous - in fact many 'advanced' defrag utilities will fragment files!

8. steve2926

steve2926 MDL Member

Nov 13, 2010
    HDD GURU LLF? I just tried this (free version - I had not come across this before - thanks!) and it formatted a known faulty USB 16GB USB Flash drive with it - it finished successfully and wiped all 16GB - even though it is a 'fake' drive of only 2GB! The USB Flash format is NOT low-level - it merely does sector writes of 0's to the drive.
    cheers
    Steve

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Slowly we come to an point which I really didn't like: only give same infos and keep important!

That's what you just had done my dear friend and that isn't OK.

I frankly ask you now: Make a list of ALL infos to be followed or avoided etc to use with your apps.

So, no more gimmik's please make that list with all eventualities and that's it!

10. steve2926

steve2926 MDL Member

Nov 13, 2010
    OK, sorry. I should have mentioned that you should follow the instructions on my site and must not do anything in addition that you feel like doing afterwards and that I don't tell you to do! My bad!:D

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ pisthai, you and you alone are the only one having a problem. You cannot expect developer to test every type of program that users may or may or not use or even foresee all eventualities'

12. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    @pisthai, you really getting on my nerves with your idiotic remarks/complains!
    Get real, have something better to do

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I could accept that. But I expect that the developer, who sees the problem list once all possibilities in just 1 list. But no, this was an one after the next one include to suggest in onepost to use an other apps and say in the next one that may makes problems.

That's everything but appropriate.

And I don't know I'm really the only one who has that problem, have just to take what the dev is telling, true or not. I spend now several day's with that, and today it will be the last one, if it will not work. The minimum what I think I could expect is, that the developer is also telling, while suggesting something, that there could be some problems. If he doesn't tell what he knows already at the moment he suggest something, that's fooling.

Sorry for that.

14. steve2926

steve2926 MDL Member

Nov 13, 2010
  15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  16. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And all of us will be vary sad & start crying because of that...

The only thing right now you could do is to stop posting for a while, as it is getting really boring

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Go home and stop jelling.

If you don't like what I wrote, you could either report my post or set me on you ignore list.

18. steve2926

steve2926 MDL Member

Nov 13, 2010