ecs 945gct-m/1333 help with hp slp

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by ziddey, Jan 29, 2009.

1. ziddey

ziddey MDL Novice

May 21, 2007
    A few years ago, I got a hold of a xp pro hp oem disc and dmicfg. I modified an award bios to reflect "Hewlett-Packard" and all was well.

However, today, I'm working on a friend's computer-- am currently on site, which is why I'm posting, while I search for clues, since I need to get this done pronto.

dmicfg worked fine. I changed from ECS to Hewlett-Packard. Confirmed it saves. However, after I installed Windows, it's on the 30 day timer. I went back and rechecked everything. I vaguely remembered putting a blank space afterwards to no avail. Then, I noticed that the key it used was actually for "COMPAQ". Weird.. since in the past, I used Hewlett-Packard and it was fine.

Fine, so I changed to COMPAQ. Same deal. Is it a one shot kind of deal? Do I need to reinstall and see if the activation requirement goes away? Or will it just autoactivate on bootup when it matches?

I should note that this board has an AMIBIOS instead of award.

Any ideas out there? Steps I can take? Again, I'm sorry for posting prematurely, but I've got to get this done ASAP

Thanks

2. ziddey

ziddey MDL Novice

May 21, 2007
    Alright! Done and done.

Did some reading, and tried amimmwin to no avail.

Then got ami_slic3 and now it's got hp slp1+2

Thanks again everyone! This place is a godsend