Edit Phoenix Bios Mother Board Serial Number and Model Number

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by warezdown, Jul 10, 2010.

1. warezdown

warezdown MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2010
    Last week I have replaced the Mother board in my Vaio VGN-FZ35G. Worked fine when I got it back

When I tried to update the drivers with the Vista Home Premium drivers from Sony's website. None of the patches would apply and all gave me the messages that I had the wrong model. Also my vaio recovery center not working.

While changing the mother board, the vaio service center failed to put my serial number in the Bios (which currently has it as 01234567-1234567. Sony's patches and Restore Discs all rely on this number to tell them what model number the laptop is.

So, I need to update my Phoenix bios with my serial number. I downloaded the Phoenix Bios Editor to do this but it needs a .rom file to edit. It does not backup the bios so you can edit it. Also, I could not find a copy of the R2110J7 Bios.

So i am looking for a program to edit my model name and serial number from windows/ dos. Then I can recover my laptop from recovery partition and install the latest updates from vaio website.

Thank you for any help you can give me.