Effects of BIOS mod when dual booting with Vista

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cidered, Jan 22, 2010.

1. cidered

cidered MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2010
    Hi guys,

I've read all about the SLIC 2.1 loaders and bios mods but still have a question about my setup which I hope someone here can help me with:

I have a shuttle barebones system. It has SLIC 2.0 BIOS, but obviously being barebones has no OEM cert. When I built this system I installed and activated a LEGIT copy of Vista HP x64 (OEM)

Now I've dual booted with Win7. Currently using daz loader to activate. When booting I choose the "Windows without loader" when booting Vista since its already activated with a legit key. However I found a SLIC 2.1 bios mod on this forum for my system and would like to use it if possible for Win7 instead of the loader. But I'd like to know if this will cause problems with the Vista activation if it suddenly sees an OEM cert in the SLIC bios?

2. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    it wont effect vista activation at all, unless you want to effect it with installing cert+key (like for win7).

3. cidered

cidered MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2010
    Well, yes, I would need to add cert to bios to activate win 7 without using the loader. So does that mean it would cause problems with the Vista partition activation?

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    No, all the bios mod does is implement what the loader emulates. It will have no affect unless you install matching certs and keys to activate either OS. BTW you can still activate vista with the bios mod as well if you had too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...