Emachines e627-5279 upgradable to dual core?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by ctocco, Nov 27, 2009.

1. ctocco

ctocco MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    Hey everyone, I just bought a new Emachines e627-5279 laptop.

It is equipt with a athlon 64 tf-20 single core processor, I was wondering if it is upgradable to a dual core processor. I couldnt find any info on this laptop or its motherboard, other than whats on the emachines website ( just states a athlon 64 single core or dual core depending on model, even though I cant find a dual core version anywhere online).

Any help appreciated!

2. 9Name

9Name MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2009
    Emachines e627-5279 CPU upgrade

I am in a similar situation and have found other brands such as the Acer to have had successful upgrades. Try a google search for a TF-20 upgrade and you should get the required information. A TF-50 was a dual-core that worked as I recall. How are you liking your laptop? I'm still recovering from an all nighter at Walmart to acquire mine and have not yet opened the box.

3. Anarchy

Anarchy MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2009
    I have the same laptop and am posting this from it, the processor that is in it is a socket S1 1.6GHz single core. Successful dual-core upgrades have been done with acer laptops that are almost the same laptop (Acer owns eMachine) and were done with AMD Turion 64 X2's. Your best bet would probably be a TL-56 which is a 1.8GHz dual core

4. zbuffered

zbuffered MDL Novice

Dec 22, 2009
    I upgraded my e627 to a dual-core TL-52 for only $15 shipped off of ebay. Took a long time to remove everything (be careful unravelling the wireless antennae) but worked the first time. I love it, despite the reduced battery life. CPU speed is basically doubled now!

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Doubtful...an nice upgrade though...:cool::(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...