Energy problem solved!!!???!!!

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by gorski, May 31, 2014.

1. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    #101 JFKI, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Original post:
    They?

:eek:

[​IMG]

All 82,801,633 of them ?

Oh Noes. :rolleyes:
    Edited post:
    Anyway my point is this.
    What started out as a relatively small protest by Iranian students over "voter fraud" caused a member of their Basij ( army ) to shoot and kill an innocent bystander, Neda Agha Soltan and sparked a major PEACEFUL revolution.

Neda's last moments:
    The result: Phuk it, not picking just one or two

Do you really think Ihmadinnerjacket is going to repeat his old mistakes so his people turn against him again ?

Or better still are YOU willing to kill all of these individuals ?

P.S. This never happened either. http://www.novinite.com/articles/100794/Iranian President Demands Apology from Obama for US Crimes

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    :eek:Which state will use it against THE state with so many of those missiles to obliterate everything from the face of the planet?:g:FFS!!!!:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    #103 JFKI, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    The one named after the three gods?
    Oh wait, they just manipulate the others to do the dirty work for them.

Good question.

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #104 Joe C, Feb 5, 2017
    oh forchristssake, stop being so pc about the use of my word "they" Anybody with the slightest sense would know I do not mean the people of Iran, their religion or race. I am referring the govt. and those making the decision to make missiles and nukes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    #105 JFKI, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Then choose your words more carefully.
    Those words do have meaning and that is how misunderstandings begin. ;)

What I mean is look at Trumps choice of words... Continuously. :doh:

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    #107 Michaela Joy, Feb 5, 2017
    Back on Topic!

Take a look at this video, and water.

Fascinating stuff. :thumbsup:

8. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    The mentally ill ? Of course.

What other type of person would attack a group of armed soldiers with a machete ?

:g: The article says he is Egyptian, which is a bit too far away.
    ( Eastern Jordan, South Eastern Syria, and Northern Saudi Arabia on the other hand... :dunno: )
    I wonder if he spent any great length of time in Iraq as a child. He IS only 29 after all.
    If so he could have been affected by OUR Depleted Uranium....
    Or perhaps we ( as in our ally the French army ) killed his family members at some point.

9. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    #109 CHEF-KOCH, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    I stole your energy, sr for that but my Titan is hungry :tasty: ... :eek:

/PS: Maybe we can close this thread .. already died 4 pages ago and it seems solved. :sneaky: :g:

10. PCBONEZ

PCBONEZ MDL Member

Mar 10, 2012
    #110 PCBONEZ, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Four are under construction. Completion dates are in 2019 and 2020.

About 560 more and the grid can be off fossil fuels.
    (Provided there is no growth in power demands between now and completion.)

11. monkeylove

monkeylove MDL Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Unfortunately, oil is needed to manufacture electric cars, solar panels, and most goods as it is part of mining, manufacturing, shipping, and even mechanized agriculture. Worse, the transport systems needed to deliver these goodies, not to mention infrastructure (roads, grid systems, etc.) require extensive oil inputs.

On top of all of these, electric cars and solar powers have low energy returns.

12. PCBONEZ

PCBONEZ MDL Member

Mar 10, 2012
    #112 PCBONEZ, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Explain yourself.
    Returns on what? Money? Energy? Resources?

13. PCBONEZ

PCBONEZ MDL Member

Mar 10, 2012
    #113 PCBONEZ, Feb 11, 2017
    Electric cars as a green solution are pointless without a fossil free power source for the grid.

Without that all you are doing is MOVING the carbon footprint. (From the car to the grid.)
    You are not making it smaller.
    You may be making it bigger due to the greater number of energy conversions and the stack-up of efficiency losses.

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Crude oil is not the only source for carbon based polymers...

Be that as it may, we can and are coming with alternative solutions.

15. PCBONEZ

PCBONEZ MDL Member

Mar 10, 2012
    #115 PCBONEZ, Feb 11, 2017
    No one said otherwise as far as I know.
    The grid over here is mostly on coal.

Insofar as technology, sure. Have had for a while.
    Insofar as feasible economically, not so much. That's part of why it's so slow.
    Insofar as something with the capacity to put a dent in the problem, not so much.

The US would need (approximately) 560,000 Gigawatt more capacity to get the grid off fossil fuels.
    Solar/wind power plants in the Megawatt ranges aren't even large enough to be full drops in the bucket.

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    You mean with the tech we have right now?

You're wrong. Ask Germans.

17. PCBONEZ

PCBONEZ MDL Member

Mar 10, 2012
    #117 PCBONEZ, Feb 11, 2017
    Let us review:

You said : "we can and are coming with alternative solutions."

I said : "Insofar as technology, sure. Have had for a while." - Which is me agreeing with you.

You said: "You're wrong. Ask Germans." - Which is you disagreeing with me agreeing with you so by proxy you are disagreeing with yourself.

~~~~~~
    And back to what all agreeing and disagreeing was about.

Technologies for fossil free energy production have been around for quite some time and they've been looking for new ones for as long as I can remember. (How do you think nuclear came about?)
    If these Germans aren't aware of it, that's their problem.

18. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    No, we did not have those technologies until very recently, capable of storing loads of electricity, on a level of a big country, like Germany, which at some point managed to get to a very huge % of it's electricity use being from renewables.

To my knowledge, only the Germans have done it so far, amongst the large countries. Prove me wrong!

19. PCBONEZ

PCBONEZ MDL Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Perhaps if you use descriptions more specific than "alternative solutions" and "those technologies" someone other than you will know what you are talking about.

20. bloodstone

bloodstone MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2017
    i'm still hoping for some kind of solar satelites that concentrate sunbeams down to earth or something. but i fear we might have messed that up with all the debris we left around our planet