Error Installing windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by cerozz96, Jan 10, 2015.

1. cerozz96

cerozz96 MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    Hi i have Windows 8.1 on my machine, but i wanted to do a clean install. I downloaded the iso from the microsoft tool and make the usb boot with rufus (i have gpt partition). Now when i press install it shows me this error: A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD\DVD, or usb flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.
    What i can do?

Attached Files:

2. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Meat[On]A[Stick] MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2015
    You'll need to download the drivers from the mfg's web site. Sadly, hard to guess which one it is looking for. I'd start with chipset, hard(ssd) drive and usb drivers. Best to extract them to the root of your usb flash drive if you have room there. What make and model is your computer? (It's been my experience the chipset driver is the one that it is looking for).

3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Use a USB 2.0 port instead of USB3.0

4. cerozz96

cerozz96 MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    Hi, my pc is a hp sleekbook, i will download the drivers and try. @MrMagic, i ave tried with a 2.0 usb port but doesnt work :(

5. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Jan 1, 2015
    Am I correct in assuming the Sleekbook came with Win7? If so, how did you do the upgrade to 8.1? Is there an official 8.1 dvd available from HP?

6. cerozz96

cerozz96 MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    My pc came out with w8 and i've upgrade it with the store.
    Now i've tried many drivers i've download from the intel and hp but none of them work. I really dont know what to do now :confused:

7. Meat[On]A[Stick]

Jan 1, 2015
    HP must have a forum / user group that could help.

8. Three Lions

Three Lions MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Ok
    If you can restore the system win 8
    Go to device manger check you have no issues there
    Now use driver software pro I prefer(double driver portable) Google It
    Then do a backup of system drivers save them to a external device like external drive Or flash drive
    Now upgrade to windows 8.1 through the store
    This takes a while depending system specs
    Then once done go back to device manager Check system drivers If you have a problem
    restore from the ones you save with double drivers portable
    Hope That Helps
    Ps after that you can remove any bundle software that came with your machine from Hp that you don't want
    Then do a system backup