ESET Security 6 scan said a variant of Win32/OpenInstall potentially unwanted app

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Computermom, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Computermom

Computermom MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2013
    I have a free trial of ESET Security 6 and ran a full scan and got 2 messages:

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\Downloads\dxwebsetup.exe a variant of Win32/OpenInstall potentially unwanted application

Is this first one a virus that I need to remove/clean? Is it possible its the safe um borrowed version of Windows 7 I might be using or something that goes with it? The one that on the old Eset said HackKMS on a scan and its just that the new Eset calls it by another name? (So I should ignore) My 7 is fine the Eset in new not the 7.

And I got a message:

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temp\jar_cache3026439578986239760.tmp probably a variant of Java/Exploit.Agent.FH trojan
    This one I assume I should tell it to clean and hope it does?

I do not want to accidently :(remove any of my borrowed 7 but I am afraid to use my computer if these are viruses and caould be a risk. Please advise if I should tell Eset to clean or not??

Thanks.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Computermom

Computermom MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2013
    Thank you. So the 2nd is a bad thing? I thought the ESET would prevent me from getting stuff like this ;(. Do you think just clicking clean and finish on the ESET (Its waiting for me to continue) will do the trick?

I am not great with comouter stuff if I have to run the freeware feedrweb thing will it be easy? I'm not even sure how to run someting in or get to Protected mode :(.

Also, running the above won't remove my "borrowed" windows 7 will it?
    Thanks

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    All AV Apps are NOT 100% safe/good or whatsoever and even you just got the latest Updates of their Database, they already "old"!

Cure IT is as easy as possible to use:
    1. Download
    2. run Quick Mode and later Full Mode
    3. wait for it to finish
    That's all and it goes in Protected Mode fully automatic, no any other action as explained above are needed! What it could "clean" it will do and others move to Quarantine so you could the files back if needed.

And it will NOT remove youir "borrowed" Windows 7 or touch anything else than just infested files!:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Computermom

Computermom MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2013
    Thank you Pisthai you have been so helpful. I clicked no action on the 1st thing and the 2nd thing I picked clean on the Eset prompt and then ran the Eset scan again and it did not show up again. Only the 1st one the win32 came up again as I hadn't chosen clean for that since you said its probaly fine and was from MS for maybe some program. So I think its OK now. I will keep the website you gave me for future problems like this and I assume its also a good site for just running a scan with it some times just to check my computer for anything the Eset misses. :biggrin:

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're always welcome!:biggrin: