Eset Smart Security 3.0.669, Help to remove registry entries

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by grumps, Aug 28, 2008.

1. grumps

grumps MDL Novice

May 12, 2007
    Ok here we go!!

I have uninstalled the app conventionaly, removed program data, user application data, and anything else I dould find for eset, but I am unable to remove the eset folder and keys in h/key/local machine/software/Eset/current version/info. I am running Vista 64-bit and although administrator it tells me I do not have sufficient rights when i try to delete, ;so when I try to install the latest version it comes up with errors that it cannot right to these keys and so although it installs version info is incorrect. I have gone to permissions and even created a new user Everyone with full rights but to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated as I would like to remove it.

2. Outkast1

Outkast1 MDL Junior Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Eset Smart Security

If all else fails try using "Registry Mechanic Portable" to clean it out.

3. rwt325

rwt325 MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2008
    Eset advises to install over the older version. I did with no problems. Too late now, if all else fails, re-install the old version and install the latest over it.
    Have you taken the ownership of that particular key, or arranged to run it as Administrator?.

4. grumps

grumps MDL Novice

May 12, 2007
    Thanks for the replies, have tried all these things except Registry Mechanic. It Is running ok just shows wrong info so will live with it for the time being until a new clean install.