Even Windows 8 early adopters prefer Windows 7 by two to one

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TecMan, Sep 30, 2012.

1. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Yep, not important at all and obsolete...
    BTW: I am not reacting to other parts of your post as there are no arguments at all only your babbling... :D

2. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    About Aero (or more precisely, Aero Glass), its not about whether it's needed for functionality, it's that it is much more pleasing than the crapified version of what it is like with it removed. I will again use a car analogy :). You could come across the best car in the world in terms of power, efficiency, useability, safety, and price, but if it's as ugly as a baboon's rear end it's not a good thing. It's just as important that the UI is aesthetic as it is functional.

3. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Well W8's taskbar transparency (without Glass effect) IS more beautiful and more clear than W7's one (with those cross smudges) :D

4. humbert

humbert MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    I believe that most people who badmouth Windows 8 just aren't familiar enough with it. I too was pretty confused at first, but with help from a friend I took the time to learn it well. Now I'm in love with Windows 8 and I wouldn't consider ever going back to Win7, and I learn more as every day passes. Microsoft is betting all it's chips on the "modern" interface and can't afford to screw this one up. This is clearly the thing of the future.

I believe two thing: fear is due to lack of knowledge, and the fact that most people would rather stick with the safety of what they know instead of learning something new.

5. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    If you want to see things that way, do it :D.
    I´m using win 7 explorer under win 8 by disabling most UI-Bits of "Metro". And i am very fine with this. So no problems at this side.
    Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. robonzio

robonzio MDL Junior Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I wouldnt say the car is ugly but the dashboard and steeringwheel of the car is ugly. The car still looks nice and it will look better when u change the dashboard and steeringwheel to your likness

7. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    There are no windows in the modern UI, none, only in the 32bit/64 bit environment which won't even exist in the RT version. I sure as hell hope that Intel, AMD and other X86 manufacturers make a concerted effort to embrace Linux or the days of being able to build, upgrade and simply being a PC enthusiast will be dead within 10 years.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  9. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Intel should rather care about their own troubles...
    ...since every piece of software from Intel suxxx.

But OK, Intel guys are pissed for MS supports ARM on WRT.

BTW: When they released Cougar Point Chipset with the SATA error, it wasn't premature-release probably... :)

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I didn't talked about Intel, instead about your style of posting!

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #111 pisthai, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  12. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Subject of this thread is so trivial, that anybody can post any bulls**t here like both of you do... :p
    BTW: You like to play the moderator thing, don't you? :p

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    NO! And I just asked you not to take something out of subject! Or quote something from me together with something I had talked about!

14. inighthawki

inighthawki MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    (Speaking about GameDev)

As you can tell from my back and forth with him a few pages back, his strategy is just to take random quotes, then take it out of context into a completely different topic so he can avoid the fact that he doesn't actually know what he's talking about. Every time I make a valid point he just tries to turn it into a "hate windows 8" comment. Like when I mentioned Unreal porting their engine to DX11.1 and Windows RT and all he replied with was a quote to "Windows RT" (two words from my entire post, and fairly irrelevant to the point I was trying to make) and started a rant on how nobody cares about Windows RT and ARM devices with windows on it. Very professional.

15. robonzio

robonzio MDL Junior Member

Sep 13, 2012
    #115 robonzio, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Some time ago I wrote that Windows 8 need to be in public hands at least 3 month for to be able to get a bit more real picture. At the time that OS isn't even released to the public all comments could/should/would be rumors special in hands of those people who looking just for to find any possible negative point's. Those kind of people could also be classified as Troll's!

17. inighthawki

inighthawki MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Looks like you have a very flawed definition of "proof"

18. inighthawki

inighthawki MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    You're pretty delusional.

19. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Image is everything, be perceived as a king of kings, even if you truly are a joker. All will love you and :worthy: you. OR be honest and :druff: so MS can buy your IP in 2 years haha