Even Windows 8 early adopters prefer Windows 7 by two to one

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TecMan, Sep 30, 2012.

1. inighthawki

inighthawki MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Oh sure I understand. That just has nothing at all to do with taking someone's (or multiple persons') opinion(s), public or private, and translating that into "proof" of a yet-to-be-released product's complete failure. "Proof" consists of providing information that shows facts, not hypothetical guesses based on a handful of opinions (no matter how important those people may be).

A person *cannot* provide proof that Windows 8 will or will not fail (yes, BOTH sides of the argument, I'm not just "against you"), because that would be impossible, you cannot prove something that hasn't happened yet. You can hypothesize and make a conjecture based on correlation and data (One can make a hypothesis based on current adoption trends that Windows 8 may not be *as popular* as Windows 7), but you cannot actually provide proof. It is a logical impossibility, and saying you have any just makes you look silly.

2. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    i have 2 main PC's, my best one i upgraded to windows 8 the other still on windows 7
    even though i do like windows 8 i think windows7 is much easier and quicker to get things done

windows 8 annoys me sometimes

3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Oh I have nothing for and against win 8, but Intel CEO's claiming that win 8 is not finished is a highly rich. Can we just do thru some Intel blunders over the last 2 years only:
    1. Sandy Bridge Flaw and recall.
    2. SSD AES 256 bit encryption flaw and recall (what is that but not deceptive practice).
    3. So many buggy drivers. Release X79 chipset alongwith RSTe software which basically screwed up a lot of things.
    4. Drivers released and then pulled out suddenly.

Am I missing something or am I only noting what I have personally suffered.

Perhaps you should not quote `Intel CEO' in every few post of yours. Perhaps you should put it in your signature and be done with it.

As for me, I used win 8 for a month, but am now on win 7 not because I did not like win 8 but because some apps that I rely on it have issues in win 8 some (not all) of the time. Perhaps New Year 2013 will be a good time for me to go to win 8 permanently.

Mods: please delete the last post as it is repetitive (I got the quoting wrong).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. House_Maniac

House_Maniac MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2012
    #124 House_Maniac, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    i had the same prob i've used windows 8 since it was leaked on piratebay i've used it for one month i've reverted back to windows 7 i find it more userfriendly also windows 8 is not bad when you install 3rd party app but for me they should not have made a desktop os like this! i wonder how some people will get use to this :S or use this in workplace!

5. supisiche

supisiche MDL Junior Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Windows 8 is perfect for my PC. I find funny how some people think they have the "privilege" of determining what is good for everyone.

6. Mr Theme

Mr Theme MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    Better call those people Microsoft.....they are convinced that "this" is good for everyone...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    #127 moderate, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    Well, it is their product, they can do with it, what they want. Even sink it. Nobody forces you to buy it (or steal it)... :)

They are just "Metro-Haters" who enjoy these useless flames with empty jive-talking. Everybody can make user-inferface of W8 very close to W7, so these discussions just prove, the those people are amateurs without any knowledge to tweak their PCs.

I've done the benchmarks on my nbook MSI GT683R (i7 four-core with 16GB RAM, 3x 750GB HDD) and W8 with all installed apps (more than 200) are at average mark about 20% faster than W7. Also system start is more than 30 seconds quicker. I also quite like, that MS killed Start button (as it was quite useless anyway - I didn't use All Programs for more than year as the long long list was terrible mess) and also very good thing is the Aero Removal (also useless thing which only lowered contrast at direct sunlight) (in W7 I used Start Killer resident app to kill Start Button and Basic theme, now when it is native, it is much better)...

8. inighthawki

inighthawki MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Not for me. I find the new start screen to be far more productive than the old start menu. Far more responsive and allows me to have a far greater layout selection than on Win7. As for metro apps. They are not as useful on desktop as they are on tablets, and always being fullscreen can be annoying, but some of the apps are pretty useful, and work way better on a secondary monitor when you can continue to work on the primary. That being said, there is nobody forcing you to use them.

You should stop assuming that everyone hates the same things you do. The *only* part of windows 8 that I think is worse than windows 7 is the theme. I will miss Aero glass.

9. Wingfat

Wingfat MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2007
    Windows 8 is the single best reason to own a Hackintosh.

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe Microsoft had "learned a lesson" from Apple? Apple also "dictates" what or what not users of an Apple device could do!

I do believe that Bill Gates had not done what Steve Ballmer does!