EVGA / XFX / Zotac 780i / 790i BIOS ARCHIVE (DELL SLIC v2.1 & SLP Activation)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by chinobino, Feb 4, 2011.

1. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Well the microcode for the Q9650 should have been added (along with the Xeon X3380) to P08 (and any BIOS afer it).

790i P08 Changelog;

Code:
    * Improved memory support for 1600MHz EPP DIMMs
    * Better support for Hynix DRAM
    * CPU Microcode updates for Penryn CPUs
    * Improved Memory Compatibility
    * Improved overall system stability (including games)
    Have you tried P08?

Can you try a different power supply?

Also, make sure the motherboard isn't shorting out on the case from the standoffs.

2. Ammar Anwar

Ammar Anwar MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2017
    no i havent tried p08 yet.

yeah i tried with 3x psu 550 watts 80+ Bronze.

right now mobo is out of the case on wooden sheet. i'll let you know what will gona happen with p08. thanks replies sir :) +Res

3. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Do you know for sure that the CPU works and isn't faulty in some way?

I know you said it booted up ok in the other motherboard but can it run an operating system?

Well I gotta go - will check this thread later, good luck!

4. Ammar Anwar

Ammar Anwar MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2017
    hi there hope you doing good :) yeah cpu is good tried it in other mobo too works fine.( no hanging, no restart etc)

Downgrade bios from P10 to P08 still facing the problem. :(

5. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    What a bizarre issue.

Have you checked the socket pins and also the CPU contacts?

My friend had a Q9650 on a 780i that eventually failed due to too much heatsink pressure bending the CPU socket pins on the motherboard.

I would also usually re-seat the graphics card but you said it works fine with the other CPU?

6. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Have you managed to get it to boot?

I've run out of ideas - other than buying/borrowing another Q9650 to test,

7. Ammar Anwar

Ammar Anwar MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2017
    still facing same problem.
    i just bought a Xeon X5450 modded processor for just 9$. the only thing left is microcode update. can you please guide me how can i update it? as i'm using P10(latest version)bios on my evga motherboard.

8. Ammar Anwar

Ammar Anwar MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2017
    Tried it. working now.. great :) thanks for help :)

9. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    oh wow nice work! ...and you're welcome :)

10. PCgamer911

PCgamer911 MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2017
    Hi, brand new poster here.

I have a 9-yr old nVidia 790i Digital PWM board that I'm trying to get 16bg of RAM into. I'm tempted to force flash the XFX p09 bios into my EVGA 790i Digital having heard of people's success doing so on NON-digital 790i boards. However, see nothing in regards to people with the digital version of the board trying this.

Current specs of rig:

Intel x5470 @ 4.17ghz (Modded to work on 775 boards)
    GSkill Sniper DDR3 (2x4gb) @ 1667mhz (Confirmed working in both blue & black ram slots)
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb Vram

I suspect there isn't a whole lot different w/ the digital board vs. 790i Ultra outside of the Digital PWM so this should most likely work and not brick the motherboard in question?

This is my first ever build and am still happy with it minus the 8gb limit. If I can get 16gb on this beast I will be blissfully happy for another 5 years.

Thanks in advance.

11. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Hi PCgamer911, I would think that a cross-flash would be very risky and likely brick the motherboard.

I would want to have a spare BIOS chip (or SPI programmer) on hand in case it does, then you could just swap them over easily.

You can buy a spare BIOS for your board on ebay pretty easily so I would highly recommend you get one before you try it.

12. PCgamer911

PCgamer911 MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2017
    Hi Chinobino,

Thanks for the prompt response. I suppose it would be wise to buy another bios chip and swap out the original w/ the 'new' one and do the cross-flash with that? If things go awry I can just put the original back in?

13. chinobino

chinobino MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Yep, that is certainly possible!

14. DreikLOL

DreikLOL MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2017
  15. caiobernal

caiobernal MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2018
    Good night, I have a Zotac 790i ultra sli and on the manufacturer's website the latest version is p07. It turns out that since I have this pc with this motherboard it has "life itself". time correctly connects and memory problem (sound) time and does not turn on, I need to restart several times until I connect correctly. I'm with 4x 2gb 1333, 2xocz gold and 2x Kigston in dual channel. I do not know what it can be, but it's very annoying. Processor is q9550. I hope someone has some solution. thank you so much

16. pipes80

pipes80 MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2011
    I have an nvidia nforce 790i sli, no remarked, This bios is slow to be navigate inside menus, who can confermated this problem?