Experience Index Returns (Open-source)

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Muerto, Apr 7, 2016.

1. ItielMaN

ItielMaN MDL Senior Member

Apr 30, 2011
    #81 ItielMaN, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
  3. ItielMaN

Apr 30, 2011
    Got some more:
    1. If the computer was not rated, the "Your Computer has not been rated" should be changed to "Your computer has not been rated". Decapitalize "Computer". Also, is the "sad times" really necessary here? :D
    2a. A strange behaviour: on an unrated system, click Upload to Imgur. Right after you see the popup, click Enter/Space bar. The About window will open.
    2b. On an unrated system, clicking any of the sharing options will show the "your system was not rated" popup. Should Xiret allow responding to Enter/Space bar presses at this point? Otherwise popups will reappear.
    2c. Should there be inconsistencies when showing the "your system was not rated" popups? Currently clicking the "Upload to Imgur" shows "You must ran a WinSAT assessment first". Clicking the others shows "You must rate your system first".
    2d. Click About > click Enter/Space bar > Xiret responds to that as if "Report a bug" was clicked. Should that happen?

4. ItielMaN

Apr 30, 2011
    Hmm, not sure what's going on.
    While testing Xiret before, I saw it didn't see any previous ratings, so I thought it was WinSAT or some other non-Xiret related components to blame, and didn't close Xiret so I could report the bugs mentioned in post #83.
    But.. after restarting Xiret dozens of times and from different locations (C:\, from WinRAR, from desktop, as admin) it still claimed there were no previous ratings. Tried also shutting down my AV's protection.
    Restarting Windows didn't help. After a few more restarts to Xiret I now see it says there is a rating- but not from the last time I did the assessment! It claims the last update is from 6.3.16, but in fact the last time is from 13.4.16 (I'm still seeing all the files intact in C:\Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore, and I can upload them for you if you need).

Any ideas?

5. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #85 Muerto, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    (OP)
    1. Fixed. And the sad times is a personal joke and I'd rather leave it there.
    2a. Tab indexing is enabled, this is why you're opening forms when space/enter is clicked. I have corrected tab index locations now though. This is normal.
    2b. Yes that's correct, this ties in to 2a, it involves tab indexes. Which have been repaired.
    2c. Thanks for pointing this out. I already changed them and I must have missed one.
    2d. Same again, tab indexes.

What would I do without ItielMaN? I dub thee as the best software tester.

As for the current issue, can you send me your WinSAT log and everything in your DataStore folder that is .xml please?

6. ItielMaN

Apr 30, 2011
    Damn, now it's reading the latest rating :31:

7. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #88 Muerto, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    (OP)
    Your WinSAT .xml file seems to cause an object reference not set to the instance of an object. Not exactly sure why as everything that need to be returned is there. I'm troubleshooting it now.

It's really odd, as our files are the same in that sense. I'm thinking maybe the file header is funky or something, incorrect formatting maybe.

8. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    I've found the issue. It's not loading the formal assessment for some reason, it's loading the wrong file.

9. ItielMaN

Apr 30, 2011
    #90 ItielMaN, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Right.. of course it is :confused:
    I'm ready to retest a new build when you'll (hopefully?) fix it :)

10. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    I'm out until later this evening. I've already planned a fix though.

Further explanation, Xiret automatically chooses the latest format assessment by enumerating file dates and choosing the last created formal assessment, with your XML files it's selecting the wrong file for the process. I will create an extra check to determine the latest format assessment includes "formal" in the file name.

11. ItielMaN

Apr 30, 2011
    So how can you explain that Xiret did find the right file after a while / that Xiret was fooled to think there were no ratings? I didn't change anything to trigger it.

12. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #93 Muerto, May 5, 2016
    (OP)
    It's a little hard to explain, we'll just stick with a second check.

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Just wanted to say: Thanks for your continued efforts!

Well, there's a small problem on some (especially older) machines where Xiret 1.2.6 seemingly fails to launch the WinSAT process (Yes, I did purge the DataStore!). WinSAT launches (Aero disables), then, after a split second, it disappears (Aero back on). The animation then goes forever. Old versions worked, however.

It might have to do with what the Changelog says at one point: Changed the way WinSAT is launched. Those older machines do not seem to like the new way very well.

Note 1: No useful information is created in WinSAT.log, as the process terminates early.
    Note 2: No idea if it's important, but all non-working machines tested so far have Single-core CPU.
    Note 3: Running WinSAT -formal manually works flawless.

14. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Carlos could you please send me your winsat.log file?

I've figured the possibility that it's not exactly winsat, but more the command lines that are passed to it.

ItielMaN here is the prelim changelog including the current release

Version 1.3.1 (unreleased as of yet)

1. User Interface redesigned
    2. Printscreen manager removed
    3. Added an update system
    4. Added troubleshooting information
    5. Added operating system name, architecture and build
    6. Screenshots now only capture scores and information

Version 1.2.6 (current release)

1. Added a new notification system
    2. Handled a new WinSAT error code
    3. UI enhancements
    4. Removed redundant code and resources
    5. Added donate link to the about section

15. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Will do as soon as the machines act sane again. It's Patchday. :(

16. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #98 Muerto, May 11, 2016
    (OP)
    No worries, take your time. I'm working on others projects for everyone anyhow.

17. BJ0RN

BJ0RN MDL HTTP-uploader

Dec 6, 2013
    WAIT WHAT??
    I need the latest update so I can test :D

18. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Do you have Skype? If so please add me, if not inbox me and I'll send you a link.