Exporting sent emails from your web account

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by starlitegaize@btopenworld, Mar 20, 2008.

1. starlitegaize@btopenworld

Mar 20, 2008
    Hi guys,

Newbie on line!

Don't know if anyone can help me with this, but I've just imported my emails from my webmail into Entourage, and want to import all the sent emails too, is there a way of doing this?

thanks

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Directly from the Sent Folder?

If not, send these emails to yourself (or copy them into inbox or whatever) and then download them like you did before.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BongoKongo

BongoKongo MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2008
    #3 BongoKongo, Apr 6, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
    Not sure if this is what you are after or not:
    1; Install free Windows live mail
    2; Go to folder options and check Show Hidden files and un-check Hide Protected Operating System Files
    3; Click on Computer/ C: Drive/ Users/ Your name/ AppData/ Local/ Microsoft/ Windows Live Mail/ Hotmail-> (or whatever you use).
    NOTE: (you will have to change your security settings in the AppData folder properties first. You can Google if you don't know how to take ownership of a folder,there are plenty of how to's).
    4; Inside your Mail or Hotmail folder are all your Live mail folders i.e.: Inbox, Sent, Drafts etc.
    5; All you got to do now is Right click on the folder you want to save and click copy & paste it to your desktop.

Done: All your emails are now saved to your PC.Now you can burn them to a DVD or save them to another HDD. To view them just like the original email you will have to open them with Live Mail. Or you can open them with Office or even Notepad for a simple text view.