Extract VLK key or registration files from Win 7 Pro VLK

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Motorshaw, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Motorshaw

Motorshaw MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2012
    Hello. I have one vmware virtual machine that is heavily restricted, this VM use a MAK key, I have the vm saved prior activation, so, every time that I do "activate" one MAK activation is used. How can I extract the CD KEY or the files who have the regsitration DATA? Is an Windows 7 PRO VLK, I have a Windows 7 pro vlk iso, so, I want transfer registration data prior to activation, for activate my Virtual machine without any restriction. Thanks

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    You can't just activate it once and use it normally? I don't use VMware, but my Windows 7 Ultimate virtual machine (MS VirtualPC 2007 SP1) is activated with Daz's loader and it's worked perfectly for months. Ultimate has everything the Pro version has and more; why not just use Ultimate?

3. Motorshaw

Motorshaw MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2012
    Hello. The Virtual machine will run in my work job and I want be all the most legal possible. Thanks

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #4 PhaseDoubt, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    Gotcha! I fully understand. But my first question still stands, can't you activate it once and let that be it? If you have to keep burning activations that to me seems a bit self-destructive.

I maintain copies of my various virtual machines, but I maintain activated copies. The few times I've had to copy an archived virtual system from the archival folder over to the working folder the activation wasn't disturbed.

As long as you never exceed the maximum number of VLK activations allowed to be in use at any given time I'd think you'd remain legal. Opinions may vary on this point depending on the laws of the country in which you reside.

5. Motorshaw

Motorshaw MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2012
    No, the original virtual machine is heavily restricted, many security policies, and not documented. I want mine without any restriction.

6. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007
    why not just use a product key viewer ?
    if the viewer does not see the key it may be a MAK that has been removed after install

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    He already mentioned that it is a MAK key.

8. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007
    i know he did, but he hasn't tried a key viewer to see if he gets his key or BBBBB ?
    we all know if it is BBBBB he would have no chance retrieving the key.

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I still don't get what your problem is, If you can enter the MAK key use the virtual machine when you shut down VMWare saves it in its present state. And why are all those restrictions in place should you not be using this virtual machine. You also say you have a MAK key but you also say
    If you are that desperate and you have the windows 7 dvd and key make your own Virtual machine.

10. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I'm having the exact same problem understanding what his problem is. I thought taking a "shotgun" approach with a variety of proposed solutions might be helpful, but obviously I was wrong there. I guess my main problem is "heavily restricted" has no meaning to me. I understand what the term implies, but without details I can't appreciate the situation.

Good luck Motorshaw ... I'm outta here.

11. Motorshaw

Motorshaw MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2012
    Heavily restricted means that there is not USB, add more hardware to the virtual machine, and change some options of windows......The machine I don know how have done all this, but when I starts the virtual machine with a .vmx file more simple, refuse starts, with blue screen. So, my first idea was extract the MAK key ( I don't know this) and create my own virtual machine.

12. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    How about you learn how to walk before you try to run?

You want to do something, but you have no idea what that something is or what it is for... great

sebus

13. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #13 PhaseDoubt, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    I just re-read this and I have a question about the goal you have in mind.

From your posts, I gather you are wanting to do this little project at your work location. And you want to use the work location's key to create a virtual machine that is not "heavily restricted" to use your term. The whole situation you describe makes me believe you're trying to circumvent security restrictions at your work place in order to create you a personal-use VM with the same key the restricted version has. I'd even bet the VM IS documented in the IT department somewhere, it's just you don't have access to that documentation so you need to "extract" the "CD key" or "VLK". Is that right?

You know, businesses put restrictions in place to prevent unauthorized use of certain products and to go against their policies (which you imply you dislike and want to not have to live with) is not a very good idea if you value your job.

I could be all wrong here but based on what you're requesting, it sure seems correct to me. Which in reality has no bearing on your world or how you conduct yourself within it.