Failed re-boot after 7loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BTeasd, Aug 14, 2009.

1. BTeasd

BTeasd MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Okay everyone,

I am getting extremely frustrated and quite frankly starting to feel like an idiot LOL. I tried using a version of Windows 7 ultimate that said it was already activated in the information (the A10 thats out therer) but every time Windows would start where it says welcome, and then it automatically says shut down, tries to reboot and it goes to some crash repair recovery which I can do nothing with. So I scrapped that version and tried the original OEM of Windows 7 that was released earlier and it loaded up like a charm. No problems whatsoever so I started to feel like I was in the clear. So I loaded up the 7loader and clicked on activate. I clicked okay and it said Windows needed to reboot so I did that and then when I rebooted it went to the same screen as I described earlier as the Windows recovery screen.

I didn't do anything with the bios because I'm really not sure of what to do.

Do I have to run the bios button that gives me the certificate and data and install that before I try to validate the software?

Can someone please give me a step-by-step run-through of the activation process. I have a Gateway system and have several different loaders already. I would appreciate it so much.

Thank you

2. BTeasd

BTeasd MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009

Okay, I have my main drive partitioned where C. is the main partition and D. is the 30 gig partition I made for window seven. So at that repair screen I would click the option to give me a command screen (DOS type of screen) and I would type E:\bootsect.exe /nt60 d: ?

3. BTeasd

BTeasd MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    #3 BTeasd, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Okay, to be 100% clear, if I have Windows Vista on C and I do a clean install of Windows 7 on a partition I have assigned as D, I still run that command to fix C? Sorry if I'm being a pain I just want to make sure I don't kill my original operating system and lose all my stuff, even though I have the important stuff backed up, I really don't feel like installing all my programs over.

4. BTeasd

BTeasd MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    I put my Windows 7 ultimate disc in my drive and then I restart my computer. It sees the CD and that the initiates the Windows 7 installation. I run through the process until the first restart and then reboot gives me an option to choose Windows 7 or Windows Vista and I choose Windows 7 to continue the installation and that goes fine. After it goes through the installation process it does to reboot a second time and again gives me 30 seconds to choose which operating system I want to boot, and again I choose Windows 7 to finish the installation. On that boot it says that it is preparing Windows for first use and takes me through the process of making my user account, setting my clock time, etc. and Windows 7 loads. So I go to check the OS settings and it says I have 30 days left to activate Windows 7. It is at that point I try using the loader, version 1.4 of the one orbit and his friend worked on, and after I click the button to activate Windows it brings up a prompt saying that it installed and the system needs to reboot. It is on that reboot where I get no option to choose which platform boots at a go straight to that recovery screen.

Mind you what I did that I didn't do anything with the bios button on the loader which generates a certificate and an OEM key I think. Do I need to do that before I try to activate and restart Windows 7? I really do appreciate your help on this.

5. BTeasd

BTeasd MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    #5 BTeasd, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    (OP)
    Okay, I ran through the entire installation process again as a dual-boot. Everything installed correctly, is set up as follows and Windows 7 ran perfectly fine. To make sure that the next restart didn't screw up I decided to just restart my entire system without trying to install the loader. Low and behold a boot screen came up given me 30 seconds to choose which operating system I wanted to boot into just like I figured it would all along. So I start feeling good about myself like I finally figured it out but then comes the loader. I clicked on that bios button and select the certificate and keys for the gateway (there are three different options... Gateway, Gatewayv1, and Gatewayv2 or something like that). How do I know which one to select? Anyways, it says that those keys get installed successfully and then I click on activate Windows, my computer thinks for a minute and then pops up the confirmation and it says to check the status. Well, the status doesn't change. It still says I have 30 days left. And then for some reason the activate Windows button turns into an install loader 7 so then I click that thinking that is part of the process and that pops up with a series of errors that I have read are common and just to click ignore on them. On the final click of the errors it says my computer will now restart and then that puts me back at the emergency recovery screen after reboot. So I'm thinking my system is installing fine but the activation process I am trying is not working or I'm doing it wrong. If that makes any sense to anyone please let me know what I need to do. What loader works best?

6. ilymikaela

ilymikaela MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
    !

TY so much