Failed win 7 install, didn't know about UEIF in BIOS. No Drivers for USB or Net card

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jon_Snow, May 17, 2016.

1. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow MDL Novice

May 17, 2016
    Well the problem with the Double Drivers is that you need to be in windows to get them off the install and like I said I can't at the moment because the USB drivers are bad.
    Can't cook the chicken before the egg hatches....kind of thing.

But I understand the drivers might be difficult to get right I just thought the generic install would go better than this. I figured to have the USB's and the Network port going then fix what ever other drivers needed work, like the Video or Audio.

I'm installing the Rufus onto a small 8 Gig Stick that is USB2 and I will have to use the USB ports on the back of the PC I'm working on because on the from there is 2 USB 3 ports on the front.

I'll update once done

2. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow MDL Novice

May 17, 2016
    #22 Jon_Snow, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    (OP)
    I made the RUFUS USB stick and then installed got into windows and then found the same thing, I then (somehow) was able to see the other USB stick that had the drivers for the USB that LatinMcG said was correct on the USB stick.

Now in Windows I ran the basic drivers for AMD and it came up with a GUI interface in windows, so I ran it thinking it wouldn't be a problem otherwise why have it available in windows and with the nifty ads shows for several games (ads).

It ran but failed at some point saying failed to install software but wasn't specific about what. I clicked OK thinking it would stop but it then continued to run and at the end said It DID NOT install AMD software..? (Strange) but also said I needed to reboot so I did.

On reboot it corrected the USB drivers and now all the usb ports are seen, ONLY NOW.....

For some reason the bay drive that is a card reader for the small cards for camera's and such that's all gone.....where there used to be showing several drives for them...I think 4.

But I now have the USB's fixed but not the Ethernet controller and network controller, they are still splatted in other devices.

SOooooo now what? o_O

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Did some research on the the either net and network controllers.
    Seems that it has Atheros Network Controller but the driver on the HP site for it is ONLY win8 or Win8.1
    There are none listed for Win 7 and if I go and try to update the driver and then select from driver list on the PC there are a Bunch of them there and I have little to no clue as to which to select.
    I do know that it is an on-board Network controller there are no PCI cards installed everything is from the main MB.

I guess I could order one on line or run to Wally-mart and get a cheep network card but it may not help as the on board controller is still not good. :g:

Still lost...*sigh*

3. fekter

fekter MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    Post the Hardware ids for the two. One is your lan and the other Wifi.

4. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow MDL Novice

May 17, 2016
    Funny you should ask that because before I decided to get a bite to eat and take a short nap, I read on the Hp forum help site where someone had the same issue as me but a slightly different configuration. They were asked by the hp to post their Hardware IDs

so anywho here is what I found on mine:

Network Controller Hardware IDs

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103C
    PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&CC_028000
    PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&CC_0280

Eithernet Controller Hardware Ids

PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1091&SUBSYS_2AE0103C&REV_10
    PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1091&SUBSYS_2AE0103C
    PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1091&CC_020000
    PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1091&CC_0200

Bat.1 -> Thanks for the link and that seems to be the configuration that's on the PC. I will see if I can install the listed drivers from the drivers list.

6. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Try this one. Extract in a folder on your desktop and install from device manager.

Attached Files:

7. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow MDL Novice

May 17, 2016
    Thanks for the help Mr.X The driver files sort of installed, let me explain what happened.

I went to there Network countroller that was "splatted" and then update driver and then select from list Network adapters and then went to the folder where I saved the extracted files that you sent. I got an error message that said it failed to install correctly.
    I checked Device mgr and saw it listed in Network Controllers but "Splatted"
    I then (on a whim on some gut feeling) went to Action-> Scan for hardware changes. It then installed it again but this time there was no splat on it and also suddenly network setup utility started up. (I had the network cable directly connected to the PC) So the setup started but I wanted to know why the Bluetooth and the other part of the network controller were still not installed correctly. In other devices is listed the Network controller and listed in Bluetooth Radios shows splated HP Integrated Bluetooth Module.

I'm not sure how to correct them. I tried correcting them using the same process but that end up the same after the error messg.

I'm going to shut down for the night (I took some time to eat and watch some TV) but I need some rest. I'll check back on this tomorrow, I'm on EST.

Thanks again for all the help, I'd really be lost otherwise. :worthy:

8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #28 Mr.X, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Those drivers are meant for ethernet interface only (Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1091&SUBSYS_2AE0103C&REV_10), seems you did the other one. I suggest to check that again. Look again my previous post and I quote your post with the Ethernet part only.

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #29 LatinMcG, May 18, 2016
    win updates search for hardware... sloowww needs the windows update agent latest and the kb3153199

try in cmd admin
    net stop wuauserv
    and see it finish fast.

the error for amd drivers.. u need visual studio runtimes C++ 2010 and or 2012 x86 and x64 both.
    and possibly .net 4.5+

also check for bios latest version. due to possible bluetooth/wifi bug on some hp win 8 laptops.
    might need hp wireless button driver too.

10. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow MDL Novice

May 17, 2016
    Thanks for the help once again folks.

I've also sought help from the HP website forums and got all three of the drivers for the Bluetooth and wan and Ethernet.

I'm asking help from then additionally because the video card is just listed as a standard and the system config listed it but not too clearly.

It's gotta be better than a standard graphics card. I could have sworn it listed it someplace as a radeon graphics card, but it's actually a chip on the board because this machine has got NO additional cards installed.

But in any case the other thing here that you all can help with is the Windows Loader. I tried to run it last night and it failed saying that it's on an invalid partition, or unsupported partition. But it did seem to show a Key that I could copy and manually put in and then I guess I could disconnect from the internet and then select verify by phone.

11. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    Windows Loader will only work on MBR formatted disks, hence the unsupported partition message. Moreover, the loader uses oem:slp activation, there is more to it than just the key, and you will never be able phone activate an oem:slp key.

12. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    or screenshot of DAZ says.

its model HP - ENVY 700-056 Desktop PC

13. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
    #35 CaptainKirk1966, May 18, 2016
    Again, a machine designed for Windows 8 or 8.1, probably with msdm table and oem:Dm key designed for OA3.0, but possibly not slic table needed for OA2.x

Win 10 might pick up the oem:Dm key and install flawlessly. If it were my machine, I would try a fresh install of Windows 10, and get on with my life. (if it works)

14. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow MDL Novice

May 17, 2016
    #36 Jon_Snow, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    (OP)
    Well no I'm not going to install win 10 or win 8 for that matter....:mad:

I downloaded the correct drivers form the video card with some help from the HP forum.

As for the Win Loader and the needed info .

mgadiag report:

Keep in mind this PC still has the other partitions on it and it just might be best for format this whole drive and start from scratch, that way it would have a clean install on it with one main partition.

As for a screen shot of the Win loader I can't post ANY pictures or links because my post count is less than 20. I will see if I can send a PM to Latin and see if he can get it that way.

15. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    As previously posted Daz Loader doesn't work on UEFI. Thought I'd PM'd the instructions on using diskpart on boot so You could wipe the partitions and change to MBR:confused:
    Can someone post them here? The Vid I linked wasn't that good and My hands hurt too much to try pecking anything. :(
    Personally if I was thinking the original OS was that infested with Crapware I'd just pull the HDD, dock it and do a low-level format. Takes a while on a 2TB Mechanical though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    no slic 2.1 listed.. mod bios or use hp NBDMIFIT if it applies to that model.
    dont switch to mbr (when bios resets it will be stuck not booting.)
    simply use manual slmgr.vbs /ipk method once u have slic 2.1

17. CaptainKirk1966

Oct 31, 2009
    NBDMIFIT to unlock a possible hidden slic? Sounds like a good idea. Is there a guide somewhere?