FAQ ~ (forgotten) Dell BIOS Password

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Tito, Mar 18, 2013.

1. fingerflipin

fingerflipin MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2018
    Need system setup unlock code for xps l502x
    Tag- 7T6D2S1

2. yoosuftk

yoosuftk MDL Novice

May 7, 2013
    hi every body its my first post,
    i have one dell latitude e4310 lap..i buy used its locked bios so i need help to any one know about unlock bios dell e4310,
    thanks
    Service Tag CMFSSM1-1F5A

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    if u cant find way.. reflash bios with a bios dump .bin and EmbeddedControler with cheap programmer like ch341a

4. cowbite

cowbite MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2015
    I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 with service tag
    F06ZL52.
    The keyboard doesnt work (someone spilled something on it) so im using a usb keyboard which seems to work fine.
    I've generated keys at bios-pwd.org which yielded:

Old Sony 0810074
    Dell from serial number
    p1mu66d5
    h83ssx7t
    77rf8ejCAe9i7r0w
    hV70ulWFkJ9NSToH
    30t6qB3W77q1cg2f
    521rw5ZB0zRV8GCc

but none of them work.

Does anyone have any suggestions or info on this bios chip? I'm a network administrator and pc tech so this is definitely in my wheelhouse but damn if I can get this thing unlocked. Ive been at it for almost 20 hours now.

5. adol_ivxx

adol_ivxx MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2018
    So, I have a Dell inspiron something-or-another; it's an older-ish i5 with a touchscreen... anyways, I transferred the ownership over to me and Dell support gave me a master password that was supposed to work and when it did not, the Dell support guy told me that there is a problem with the motherboard having gone bad (lol) and I would have to send it in and pay to have it "fixed".

There's nothing wrong with the motherboard. Just curious as to what the real reasons are that Dell is not able to generate a password that will work to unlock my bios. This model Dell (sorry, I should go see what it is... but I'm not going to right now) is one that has 2 bios chips.

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    1 is bios one is Embedded Controller.
    when the bios is downgraded or upgraded it changes key hash and they failed to give u older and newer hash..
    make backup.bin of both chips.. then merge new bios to big file, with efitool u can see where it starts bios region.. that should do it on most cases.

7. zeeshan ali

zeeshan ali MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2020
    yes i want to remove password from bios i am unable to install new windows because of this