fbfix.zip

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Red Squirrel, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel MDL Junior Member

May 6, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    it says how to do the same thing using ADSIEdit. Looks like it is either time to upgrade to a newer version of Exchange or find an alternative. There is very limited support for Exch2000 now, same with 2003. So being a mail solution I would recommend something that is current and supported by someone if it is mission critical.

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And preferably something else, not Exchange

sebus

4. Red Squirrel

May 6, 2010
    If it was my choice we'd be running all open source software. I hate dealing with commercial software. Usually open source works better, has better support, and follows more standards... less proprietary. Sadly it's not my call though. We're not even allowed to patch, so I doubt we'll upgrade any time soon. Our IT manager is a wacko nut case.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Interesting... to say the least

sebus

6. Red Squirrel

May 6, 2010
    Yeah it's pretty sad. anything that has any type of risk, even if the risk outweights the risk of NOT doing an action, then we're not allowed to do said action. In some cases we're allowed, but the red tape put in place makes it impossible. The IT manager needs to get fired and someone more proactive and competant needs to take his place.

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    That will happen much sooner then expected, when something major goes tits up

sebus