FC mod instuctions AMI?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by joebellagio, Feb 12, 2008.

1. joebellagio

joebellagio MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2007
    I'm sure they are here but I can't seem to find the right combination of terms to search for to find them.

I have an ASUS P5K-VM(AMI) here and there is already a modded bios on here for that board but I'm not sure what method was used to mod the board and don't know how to check, I looked at the bios with some of the tools listed here(mmtool) but I didn't really know what I was looking at.

I was hoping to use a fc mod, or at least something that isn't one of the superstatic mods. As its for a friend and I don't want him having lots of trouble with sp1 when it comes out or any other updates/validation in the future. I know there's no guarantee with any of the mods but its been said that the fc mod is more like, if not just like, the method oem's use.

I found the post by YEN that has that new tool and that new tool worked just fine for my P5E-VM HDMI board. But it fails on this P5K-VM board and says it can not find f10 fc or f10 b1 or something like that, it was late last night and I don't have access to the pc I run these things on right now(I used to be a all windows house but now I really enjoy using osx and thats what is on all the computers here except for one, a media center hooked up to the tv and so the computer is currently being used by the gf for tv)

I appreciate any help and know the instructions are probably here I just could only find the superstatic mods for AMI bios's