Final check. is Windows 10 still bad or its improving that its worthy to upgrade now?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by rolanp, Jun 21, 2016.

1. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
    Too many regressions, dumb Settings, win32 app were replaced with cheap "universal" crap, leaks sensitive data.
    Still too many bugs which require to use a bunch of "trobleshooters".
    This OS should be BETA.
    It is not ready to be used instead of Windows 7 or even Windows 8.
    My answer is NO for Windows 10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    I agree on many of your points. Windows 10 is definitely the most secure operating system that Microsoft has created. The security mitigations in place under-the-hood are leaps and bounds ahead of Windows 7, and slightly more secure in comparison to Windows 8.x. They are taking things quite a bit more seriously from a security perspective. A lot of times, visual changes, eye candy, etc. can take people's minds away from what is going on under the hood.

From a privacy perspective, well, that is another matter of course. I believe that from a privacy perspective, Windows 10 is a beast that needs to be tamed initially and a close eye kept on privacy related changes in the future.

From a hardware perspective, Windows 10 runs much more efficiently on lower powered hardware. Hardware utilization is the best that it's been in years.

I'm not a big fan of the modern/metro/app concept, but it is easy enough to strip Windows 10 down to it's traditional win32 roots to a certain extent.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Well it depends on your definition of secure. For many users is way easier to block any unwanted intrusion from a random hacker on XP rather than keeping MS out of the door on W10.

So which is safer?

4. WildByDesign

WildByDesign MDL Addicted

Sep 8, 2013
    I see what you mean and I respect that point of view entirely as well. The definition could certainly be different from one user to another. I agree with you as well, any operating system can be secured using many built-in measures or third party measures, though would be dependent upon user skill level.

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @ hb860 yay dude I agree 1.000 times congrats to the post :clap:

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i bet u guys it will look and run and fell exactly like what were running now 14367:D

7. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    This thread is like the ultimate troll fest. No OS is ever going to satisfy everyone.

8. yahyoh

yahyoh MDL Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Tbh users just like to complain for complaining....my suggestion give it a try if you didnt like it you can always rollback unless you delete the old system image

9. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #29 Oz, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Make all the changes I like in ONE Control Panel? Not dicking around in Settings & Control Panel

The hypocrisy in that statement is just way beyond normal keyboard warrior fanboyism.

10. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Well surely a stupid control panel that is trying to ape the android one isn't a valid reason to switch to w10.

It could be a reason to stay away from it.

W10 has a lot of points (boot time, a better command prompt, scrollable windows in background, the new snap function, Hyper-V, Deduplication. Surely not an incredibly bad organized panel.

11. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Bravo, f****** bravo T-S. I think it's time for a new browser for you, clearly what you are using is not rendering things properly

12. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

FYI I'm using the best browser out there since '98 or so. Hence I accept suggestions for everything but the browser.

But that said what the browser has to do with the Setting panel? :g:

13. e5tfn

e5tfn MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2014
    Stay on your stable Windows 7 at least 4 more years.
    Windows 10 is a mess, designed for sheep.
    If you really can't sleep and want to play with Microsoft's latest spyOS, just test it in virtual machine.

14. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    You put my two comments for two different things together as if one was a comment of the other.

Yes I know you use an Opera clone, could not miss you raving on about it, hence I thought I would take a swipe at you :p

Settings/ Control Panels are a cluster f*** in TEN, enough reason to stay away from it forever. When they think it is OK with that kind of mess, not hard to imagine what else goes on that we can't see.

15. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    windows 10 is by far the best os ive used since windows xp sp2 vista was a mistake win 7 was just vista with a new theme and win 8/8.1 where good but 10 out did them all so it's time to ignore the uneducated users who never touched 10 and give it a shot in july

16. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Well I meant to reply just to the first one. The second quoted line was an uninvited guest, sorry.

Vivaldi is not an Opera clone. Vivaldi is a browser made by the same people who coded Opera hence the same people who established practially all the modern ways to browse the web, aimed to satisfy the same above the average users.

Practically any modern browser is an Opera clone except Vivaldi (and by some extent the current Opera), you have to go back to IE6 to find something which isn't an opera clone.

17. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    You are rambling and you are off topic as well. But thanks for taking the bait. :tea::D

18. Studio384

Studio384 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2015
    You're misinterpreting your results. Keep in mind that the people with problems are the vocal bunch, not the people that don't have problems and these are by far in their majority. Windows 10 is more than a worthy upgrade from 7, just roll with it. I've been using Windows 10 since 1 October 2014 and sofar have been through all preview builds, especially with the Anniversary Updates, the previews seem to be more stable than stable versions of Windows.

19. Studio384

Studio384 MDL Member

Jan 5, 2015
  20. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    I will send you my next messages for a preventive moderation. :tea:

Feel free to remove the name of any decent browser from them. That unknown user nucleus that becomes green in face each time reads the word Opera or Vivaldi will give another thank you. I'm sure :D