Final check. is Windows 10 still bad or its improving that its worthy to upgrade now?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by rolanp, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #41 Nucleus, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Why are you dragging me into this Mr Vivaldi? I, probably like many on this board just ignore your relentless, over and over and over "Vivaldi is brilliant and every other browser is tripe". Nothing you post would ever cause me the slightest trouble, your often forthright "I use it so it's best and anyone who disagrees is an idiot" also wears a bit thin, we saw this in your whining about e-mail clients. In fact I think I'll also add you to ignore. :D

Priceless... :D

I mentioned "Chrome etc" once and you replied with "fanboy". Fanboy is someone who bangs on and on and on about the same thing over and over. A bit like, but not nearly as much as your relentless posts about Vivaldi this, Vivaldi that, every other browser is tripe... :blahblah1:

I see that yet another member has noted your bad attitude just this morning.

Added to ignore. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    #42 T-S, Jun 22, 2016
    Are you serious?

Your reaction ^^^ speaks for itself, no need to add anything.

3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    He's a moron mate, just stick him on iggy too, just another pathetic attention seeking fanboy who thinks the world/net should revolve around him ;)

4. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    @MrMagic - Strewth! Don't click thanks/like on any post that draws attention to T-S, she gets all upset about it and throws her dummy out of the pram! See her previous couple of posts in this thread.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    As her favourite singer Britney once said, "Whoops I did it again" :D

6. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Looks the bait for the trolls worked after all. :D

People like you that starts "a war" just because a single disagreement in a random thread or because (OMG!) someone uses a browser better than yours, should go back to the kindergarten ASAP.

Try to behave like an adult isn't that hard after all.

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    If you have a machine that can be dedicated to Windows 10, then why not upgrade? You reserve a free license for yourself.

As far as whether or not it is still "bad", there are still some bugs, but they're not impossible for MS to fix. So, you'll just have to wait for windows updates to fix everything else.
    If you find a bug, report it. The more people who report bugs, the quicker MS will fix them. (The squeaking wheel gets the grease. :) )

You will have to read the posts around here (Just step over the :poop: ) to find the best methods of configuring it.

The rest is up to you. :)

Good luck.

8. MsftGaurav

MsftGaurav MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2012
    Improving? It's getting worse in my opinion. Everything that gets Metrofied gets less settings, less features, less options and customization, slower responsiveness, ugly look, less mouse-and-keyboard friendly and more touch-friendly. :death:

9. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    What is every body talking about Driver support is great now a days Less buggy I come from the stone age and still I think it's an improvement if you compare it with the earlier days of windows you had to pay alot for a bunch of problems !

Beside of that I also dont like the metro stuff they put in but what the heck MSMG tollkit takes care for that. It would be better if you had an choice there something like preinstalled choice Yes for metro or No for clean desktop. But that is to much to ask from people who think that they have invented the wheel like microsoft people often behave :D

10. MacAddict01

MacAddict01 MDL Member

Mar 3, 2011
    I wont take that bet because I'd say you are exactly right. 14367 is doing well on about 4 different machines I'm testing.

11. Nimbus2000

Nimbus2000 MDL Senior Member

May 5, 2010
    I have been using Windows 10 since the first preview was released. My biggest complaint is not the OS, but rather the (in my opinion) STUPID policies that Micro$oft has adopted. I am concerned about the privacy issues but what really upsets me is the heavy handed way MS is pushing (forcing) users to upgrade. I provide tech support services for a large number of non-technical users and many have had serious problems after upgrading to Windows 10 (no drivers for peripherals, software that had been purchased no longer works under Win 10, no control over updates and receiving buggy patches, etc).

I have one computer for test purposes that has Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 installed but it has NO personal information stored on it. The bottom line is that Micro$oft has lost my trust. I have decided to move to Linux for as much of my computing as possible and use Windows 7 for the few things I can't do with Linux. I am sure that by 2020 when support for Win 7 ends that I will be able to do everything under Linux.

12. Pointy

Pointy MDL Junior Member

May 11, 2015
    Dont mind me guys. Just checking out the new thanks button we got back. Now wheres the like button?

13. Patrykvdmeulen

Patrykvdmeulen MDL Junior Member

Apr 27, 2011
    UPGRADE!!

IT'S VERRY STABLE AND FREAKING FAST:clap::clap::biggrin:

14. rolanp

rolanp MDL Junior Member

Mar 8, 2016
    thanks a lot for all the helpful insights guys especially to those who made effort to include and explain what they've experienced from using Windows 10, good and bad. :)

15. jeff69dini

jeff69dini MDL Expert

Nov 22, 2008
    I went back to 8.0, its that bad, yup, you heard right, 8.0

I like to be different :D

16. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    W8 is still the fastest windows out there.

Sure it was bad the day it was released. But today it's way different, Classiic Shell is fully mature in W8.

Most of the glitch were fixed via WU.

The big border around the windows can be easily reduced using winaerotweaker or manually

The metro crap can be remover from it exactly like in w10

The snap features can be replaced with aquasnap or a similar tool

There are a bunch of tiny tools to get the windows in background scrollable w/o focusing them.

So what you would really miss?

The better command prompt and the LXSS. (surely not features appreciated by the average Joes)

Did I miss something?:g:

17. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Only the topic for this thread completely... :confused:

18. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

There's a rule that rarely has exceptions: when people start to argue about being IT or about the grammar or the spelling it's because lacks something of intelligent to say/write. ;)

19. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #59 lobo11, Jun 22, 2016
  20. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    There, fixed it for you, you were arguing again!