Findings in the M1 7850 leak

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NaiveUser, Apr 15, 2011.

1. UltraWindows

UltraWindows Guest

Yes. Windows Classic ...

2. win8test

win8test MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2011
    New Logon is there in 7850 ? Have you checked :rolleyes:

3. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Hence the "may". :D

4. jack1123

jack1123 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2011
    Hi everyone, great work so far. I have got M1 installed onto a partition on my hard drive, although im wandering if anyone will share the M3 build as its floating around. Also how do you enable the Portable workstation feature in M1. Thanks, Jack

5. pkubaj

pkubaj MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2011
    No one is wiling to get sued, so no, unless we either find non-hashed build or somehow the people who has it manages to remove the hashtag.
    Portable Workstation feature is enabled by default. Run pwcreator.exe.

6. ReelFiles

ReelFiles MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    Just fired it up on another laptop, activated and ready to go, just needed to install drivers. What I don't get is how MS plans on keeping individual driver installations from different systems from causing compatibility issues. The drivers themselves probably aren't the issue if you install everything from device manager, but I can see software based driver installations causing headaches down the road.

It worked easily between an i5 Thinkpad Edge and my C2D Thinkpad R60, never managed to finish booting on my son's AMD AM2 based HTPC. Still trying to sort out one driver on the R60 then I'll try it on some other rigs.

7. xxhellfirexx

xxhellfirexx MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    Good sign. The old method with VMWare Workstation required me to "check in" whenever the OS installs a driver while booted off of it. So, after it installs the driver, it will refuse to start until I run it from VMWare, shut it down, boot off of it and let it complete its lengthy chkdsk on boot.

8. flobo

flobo MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2011
    It's probably been reported elsewhere, but i can't find anyone talking about it.
    Has someone else noticed W8 8750 boot extra fast when it's been shut down ?

What i mean is that, when you restart, it takes about the same time as windows 7.
    But when you use shutdown, the next time you turn it on, it's back on the desktop in seconds, quite impressive.

9. Ludacris

Ludacris MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2009
    even if it sounds harsh, but the guys who keep talking about builds beeing traceable simply talk s**t. those builds are definatly NOT traceable, the so called "uniqueid" is just a name they gave the GUID of the build. Some guys have proven this many times...

to the patch, i will try to fix it, i guess its because of a mis-coded part in the registry thingy. afaik its because of the ribbon one, taskui and camera actually work, glcnd should and ribbon is not. (had values set thats why it did not give me the error)

10. Jaycee13

Jaycee13 MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2011
    it doesn't really shutdown at all instead the system hibernates so the next time you start up your computer, it is fast.

11. jack1123

jack1123 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2011
    Touch screen

just been playing about with my tablet pc and windows 8 seems to have multitouch at the desktop, when i use 2 fingers there's is is a trail behind it. There are also some nice effects when emulating the right click (one finger then another). is this the beginning of their new UI? is there any files that may give more effects out? well i thought you ought to know,
    Jack.

12. meandmeme

meandmeme MDL Senior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    #215 meandmeme, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    Windows 8 Marketplace:

postimage.org/image/33mxwi23o/

Don't ask how i have the marketplace!

Leakz & Peace --->>> Me&Me^ME :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. flobo

flobo MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2011
    I see, that must be also why, whenever i shut down, the fans are going crazy for a few seconds.

14. NaiveUser

NaiveUser MDL Senior Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I'm not sure but I did have spotted explorer.exe trying to read such a registry key, dont know what it will do, if anything :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\Grid]
    "EnablePrototypeGestures"=dword:00000001

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Ludacris

Ludacris MDL Junior Member

May 25, 2009
    this shots were shown about a week ago. They are fake - MSstore is currently a Immersive / HTML application and it simply says MS Store Unable to load MS Store as it is internal only.

16. jack1123

jack1123 MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2011
    Ill take a look now and see if I can do anything...

17. meandmeme

meandmeme MDL Senior Member

Apr 15, 2011
    This is a new picture and is not a Fake!