Firefox is changing

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Katzenfreund, Aug 17, 2017.

1. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    #341 GOD666, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
  3. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Oh don't plz!:roll1:

Reminds me of when T-S (now banned) used to flood every thread with her Vivaldi worship, difference was she used to get abusive towards anyone who used a different browser. At the end of the day (it get's dark) it's a browser, get over it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    The difference is you two are more like T-S than you think. You've both stumbled into this thread with one goal in mind, as opposed to actually participating on the topic of the thread which is Firefox. Rather you both have made it a point to either pass on misinformation or attack, as opposed to actually remaining on topic. And when someone calls you out as I have, you get passive-aggressive and incorrectly point your finger, without first looking in the mirror.

But, you'll never see this, because I'm on your ignore list. Right? :rofl:
    :roflmao:

5. Doghen

Doghen Guest

#345 Doghen, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
    Firefox 57+ is really smooth, and i like it more than any other browser.. (much love for the tracking protection they have added) arwwww i hate when site's/ads tracks you and build a advertisement profile for you.. for me NO! NEVER go back to Google, always stay with FF. and like always i will follow this Forum contantly.. i'm happy to be here in this Forum, they have banned me from Reddit from the FF forum :( (because i'll posted misinformation and the moderator says to me: 'Go back to Chrome :)' Lawl, but yeah this forum is good as well to follow new questions/and populare news about FF! and thanks to all the People you have solved all my problems that i'll have the last days on FF. :D Cheers!

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    @Doghen In general, I agree with you, but at the moment, without any doubt, the worst browser is Firefox 57.0. Many bugs have been fixed in version 58.0b3. Better to use it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Doghen

Doghen Guest

#347 Doghen, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
    Yeah, but i don't find so many bugs, it's good enough for me xD but i don't use FF ESR, just have the Official Stable Release (FF 57) because i'm a Home user, that's why i only need the Stable version of FF don't need ESR because i don't development things or whatever xD, but yeah i'm happy that FF have maked such a big thing with the New engine, and GUI. I love the speed <3, Cheers and yeah everythings come's good with FF when they fix the bugs :p

8. BladeGod

BladeGod MDL Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Finally, the new Firefox made me to ditch Chrome entirely. Everything is smooth and working fast. I would love to see Firefox flailing past Chrome in the upcoming releases. So far haven't experienced any bugs.

9. Doghen

Doghen Guest

Firefox is like a beast. it's fast, strong, and way much comfortable than Google.. <3 glad you love FF and yeah i totally forgetted Chrome to :p

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Honestly, I really don't understand this desire to have the latest and newest...

For me it is important that I have the controls, that I can set up an app to do my bidding, so it all works and stably so - who cares of the cutting edge if it doesn't work?!? :p

11. Doghen

Doghen Guest

Doe's anybody knows if Extensions (Like uBlock origin or others) Runs in a Sandbox? or just a few parts are sandboxed? ..

12. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    It helps to look into a few other forums, to see, that most people obviously agree on the downsides of Ff57.

Other than some fellow on Manga Level, I have not found anyone else defending that update, especially since now the first users realize what it will do to things that used to work.
    The whole hype reminds me very much of what happened when M$ began their attempt to force Win10 down everybody's throat.

13. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I have several addons and only lost one which was "no resource uri leak" but I knew that because for the last entire year it was labeled "Legacy" in my addons list. No surprises there and nobody else should be surprised because for the past year Firefox has been telling you that Legacy addons won't work with version 57. Now your crying because of your ignorance?...well, duh!
    Firefox 57 is way better than any previous versions

lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part

14. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
  15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Jo, speak for yourself, please.

Honestly speaking, if one hadn't learnt that "the latest" from FF is a recipe for headache - I fear one is not very astute. Look, I have certain needs and if those needs are being trampled upon by experiments for somebody else's benefit, then thanx but no thanx.

ESR does it for me. No headache, thanx to "incompatible with the latest and lamest", since it is "in" and "somebody of note says it's cool". That's just mindless! Welcome to zombie land! These things must be usable to end users, who must be subjects, not objects over whom "the wisdom of coders is bestowed upon" - otherwise they are worthless!

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #356 Joe C, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  17. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015

Attached Files:

• 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      26.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      5.9 KB
      Views:
  18. InstantAli3n

InstantAli3n MDL Junior Member

Dec 17, 2014
  19. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    @gorsky; all one needed to do was to look in their addons list. If they were labled legacy, then you would know they are not going to work with version 57. Very simple, yet still there are those that are confused about losing addons, no experiment just plain and simple fact

20. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015

Attached Files:

• 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views: