First MDL Contest: Contest Thread.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Yen, Sep 1, 2010.

1. cynarch

cynarch MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Congratulations! PHAZOR, this is Impressive Magnum Opus. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Congratulations, phazor! Well done!

And nice "MDL Theme", reminds me a bit of Alan Parsons or so ;)

4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Thanks...glad you liked it. :)

Thanks, i take that as a compliment! :)

On a sidenote; i really need a new mainboard and CPU. Two 3GHz cores just dont cut it anymore when you use some of the more advanced VST plugins; the 'MDL Theme' really isnt anything too fancy, still it just barely went through without errors, keeping both cores at 100% from start to end. Time to smash the old piggy-bank and get some AM3 with many many cores i guess...

5. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
  6. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Good work Phazor. BTW Ilove the eoghties.......memories. :)

7. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Heres the 1920 images...sorry i took so long...forgot that i didnt up them yet...:)

1920_large.jpg 1920_large_alternative.jpg 1920_small.jpg 1920_small_alternative.jpg

8. N-EYE-REVERSED

N-EYE-REVERSED MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2010
    Congrats Phazor!

9. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
  10. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I think i have deleted the MP3 in the meantime.

To reup i would therefore have to re-render the project, unless i put a copy somewhere.

Maybe one of those who downloaded it could be so nice as to reup it somewhere?

It would be quicker than a complete re-rendering, not to mention that the outcome is sort of a gamble anyway since it completely uses up both of my cores...

BTW, odd that the link is dead...after all it was an original of mine and not any copyrighted stuff?

(Some 'no-activity' thing perhaps?)

11. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader.
    That's what it says, probably some idiot who clicked the copy right button :rolleyes:

12. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Thats pretty impudent.

I mean if everyone can report something as being copyrighted stuff then i would expect them to at least check those claims and not just delete the stuff without further proof just because somebody said so.

Everything in this piece was/is 100% original, 100% made by myself from the first to the last note, so if anyone would have had a right to file any copyright claims then it would have been me and me alone.

But i wasnt even asked. (Obviously.)

Must have been the name of the piece then.
    Since it is named 'My Digital Life' someone must have thought the MP3 secretly installs Loaders and KMS Hosts or something like that...:french_blank:

13. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I've got that file on my computer. It's in my music folder ;)

Just write me a PM and I'll send you a download link (or via Email, as you like). I could just send it to you Phazor, as you like. Until I've got no confirmation on how you want it to be, I'll send it to no one.

14. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #35 Phazor, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    Everyone can check it out if they want, hence i have nothing against it if you post a public link here.

Thanks for helping out. :)

PS: I might be making another one soon. Ive got a couple of new plugins to try out, and who knows, maybe something good comes out of it...

EDIT: Note to Self: 1,000th post.

15. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
  16. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Thank you.

Next time i want to share something i sure wont upload it to hotfile...