Flashing Bios Guide?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MCGamer, Sep 23, 2009.

1. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I know there is probably one out there or on here, but at the moment, I'd just like to have an up-to-date one.
    Would anyone be willing to make a step-by-step for t3h n00bz as a guide to flashing your BIOS?
    I know when I first had to, it was a pain trying to figure out everything, and it sucks to pass that on.
    Thanks to anyone who does it. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. imatrix

imatrix MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    there is no single guide on to flash your bios. some bios can be flashed in Windows mode, other has to be done in DOS mode. the basic step would be

1. create a bootable usb or floppy disk
    2. copy necessary files onto the usb or floopy disk (you may need 2 floopy disks)
    3. flash your bios, the command line may change base on the bios type.

3. MCGamer

Sep 12, 2009
    Right, but 'then flash the BIOS' is the part that gets me.
    No one actually says HOW, which is why I'm requesting a guide.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. antigravity83

antigravity83 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2009
    You're motherboard should have a manual which explains how to best flash your BIOS.

If you don't have a copy of your manual, go to the manufacturer website (ie. ASUS), find your motherboard, and they should have a PDF copy of the manual with bios flash instructions.

5. MCGamer

Sep 12, 2009
    Gah, I don't mean 'official BIOS' flashing.
    Flashing your BIOS that was modded for SLIC 2.0/2.1.

6. imatrix

imatrix MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    most of the time, the modder will include instruction on how to do so

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Ok just noticed , the best way to flash your bios id by going to you manufacturers site to download bios and read there instructions.

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Not always true before you even request a bios mod you should read up on how to recover your bios before even trying to flash it there are a lot of peeps now doing bios mods but have probably never flashed some of the bioses they have done :) nothing wrong with that but as i posted before read manufacturers recommendations on bios flashing.