Folders In Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BlueOcean, Sep 24, 2009.

1. BlueOcean

BlueOcean MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2009
    I hope someone can help, been trying to solve this for a while.

For some reason on every folder that I have no matter what mode its set on, music, videos, pictures, or documents. Whenever I open a folder on my laptop I see some column headers, showing columns like name, artist, size...etc.

I wanna be able to remove those column headers, all of them.
    Those columns I would only use for folders containing documents. But for other folders I have different settings and even inside of each folder after changing the view to either, large, list or tiles, those column headers remain.

I already try unchecking most of the headers, but cant remove the name column. These appear on every folder I have.

Can someone please tell me what to do.

2. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    As far as I know, as long your folder is in that view, you cannot remove every single header - that's the point of that view.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BlueOcean

BlueOcean MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2009
    Those columns are supposed to show only if the files inside are on detail view.
    Most files on my folders that I have are not on detail view. But those column headers remain there. Changing views does not help.