Force Windows 32 bit Support More Than 3.2 GB RAM [Include Windows 7, Vista, 2003, XP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vtechtip, Oct 24, 2009.

1. iaTa

iaTa MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #21 iaTa, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
    You do realise tipandtrick.net = mydigitallife right?

I posted a link and a quote to an official story on this site yet you completely ignored it.

You obviously don't understand PAE on Vista otherwise you would already know that it can't be used to bypass the 4GB limit in its default form, but it can be unlocked.

Read the link.

2. Boops

Boops MDL Addicted

Jan 5, 2008
    So is it safe?, Pacht can be applied, what should I do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
  4. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #25 highspeedmac, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
    lol, I really don't care where the story has been posted.. Not everything written here is to be taken literally or right for that matter..Just like this topic is posted here amongst really useful topics..

Let's make it simple.. PAE Bends the rule for the 32bit OS "Nothing More" Just allowing it to see and map Physical memory above it limits..

I have used PAE many times, Don't know when I have every had to use a patch to make it work...

If you or any of the other people who think this cr*p makes a 32 bit system the equivalent of a 64 bit system had any understanding of the Differences in Hardware Architecture, these guys who post this cr*p would stop playing you for fools..

But hey, you know what your doing, so rock on...:D

5. frac82

frac82 MDL Junior Member

Jun 20, 2012
    i own an Acer Aspire 1644 WLMi. it doesn't recognize more than 2 GB, even with SLIC & SLP mods. so i guess my problem is due to motherboard limitations;how could I remove these limitations from my main-board? thanx

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No 2GB is the Maximum Memory the board will take.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @urie:

I'm not sure with that!

On my old laptop, and Acer Aspire 5593 WMXi I had an limit of 4GB Memory. So is was start testing with 2 x 4GB = 8GB! I tested first with PQI Modules: NOT working! Used Transcend: Working! Same for Kingston: Working! Hynix: NOT working!

Now I used to work with some huge worksheets in Excel 2010, Kingston and Transcend were start working. Kingston were stop with error shortly after I started an filtering process and was need to hard boot the Laptop, it were totally freezed. Than I tested with Transcend and that were working perfectly in both 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate (installed Memory= 8GB Usable= 3.07GB) and after changed to 64bit used the fully 8GB Memory.

In my new Laptop Acer Aspire 4752G the max. Memory should be 8GB, I could use 16GB with no problems I tested that with different Memory brands already.

So, best for frac82 would be to go to an computer shop with his laptop and check if there some memory he could use more than 2GB. But he should be carefull and use an apps like Excel with some huge worksheet and filtering macros for to test that the module will really work and not just show like the Kingston I tested!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I searched for Acer Aspire 1644WLMI Memory RAM Upgrades checked 4 sites and All say 2GB is the Maximum Memory the board will take, it is limitation of the Intel 915gm express chipset.

9. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Acer Aspire 1644WLMi .... Internet is best PAL than Shop

General
    Packaged Quantity 1.0
    System Type Notebook
    OS Provided Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Processor / Chipset
    CPU Intel Pentium M 760 / 2.0 GHz
    Cache L2 cache - 2.0 MB
    Front Side Bus 533.0 MHz
    Chipset Mobile Intel 915GM Express
    Platform Technology Intel Centrino
    Features Execute Disable Bit capability,
    Power-optimized processor system bus,
    Enhanced SpeedStep technology
    Memory
    RAM 1.0 GB ( 2 x 512 MB )
    Max RAM Supported 2.0 GB
    Technology DDR2 SDRAM
    Slots Qty 2
    Empty Slots 0.0
    Storage

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I know that, it's similar to the 5593 and the 4752!

AS I was getting problems with the Monitor on the 5593 and was visiting Acer Thailand for replacement, they told it's impossible that the machine works with 8GB Memory because the max would be 4GB!! They took the 2 4GB modules out from my laptop and placed in an other and also that were working with the 8GB!

I would not say all Acer Laptop's would work with more than announced but from 2 Machines I know they would work with more after testings: 5593 WMXi and 4752G

And again, may not all brands will work!

11. taviruni

taviruni MDL Senior Member

May 8, 2010
    #33 taviruni, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    I sugest to read this page in order to understand how the 4 GB limit of 32 bits systems is artificialy made in Windows just to push their 64 bits OS's, the only excuse they use is driver developers don't make drivers properly so they better dissabled PAE support for more than 4 GB (in kernel) to "protect" the users (starting with Vista SP1), limiting it's use to only 4 GB.

Read this page:

h t t p://w w w.geoffchappell.com/notes/windows/license/memory.htm

PLEASE: Remove spaces in "h t t p" & "w w w" (I can't post links so I used this way)

As the use of PAE for more than 4 GB is disabled in Kernel it's requiered a patch to reenable it.

In XP it was not dissabled at the begining, but with "Service pack 2" they also dissable it for more than 4 GB.

PAE is used in Server 2003 32 bits and working until today so it can use more than 4 GB (up to a max. of 64 GB as far as the hardware support it too).

The page posted was made for Geoff Chappell serious Software Annalyst

Best Regards

12. taviruni

May 8, 2010
    #34 taviruni, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    After a full reading of the page linked in last post we can conclude that if we want to use more than 4 GB of Ram on x86 system and not ussing any kernel patch there are only tree alternatives:

XP SP1 or without any SP
    Vista without any SP
    Server 2003 (this may be full updated)

In all other cases it is not possible to use more than 4 GB of Ram without a kernel patch.

Google for: Saferbytes x86 memory bootkit

I suggest to read the full page includig comments. It is a long reading but just before comments (about middle page) there is a download link for a free tool.

Best Regards

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The Memory Bootkit toll is working well with Windows 7 Versions but Starter, Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise but Core!It's in any means NOT recommend for novice and un-experimented user for to "play" with it if you didn't know exactly what you're doing. If someone still uses XP, the most "clean" solution is to move to Server 2003 to bypass the Memory Limitation. It's easy to change the GUI to XP-Style if needed and Server 2003 is much more stable than XP!

14. taviruni

May 8, 2010
    There is a new version (Feb-28th) and they say:

Saferbytes x86 memory bootkit: new updated build is out

•System analysis and reports: New feature that analyzes system drive’s startup areas before installing the bootkit. If some part of the boot code is unknown/unexpected to the tool, the setup routine stops the installation and warns users about potential compatibility issues. User can decide to turn off this warning. Setup application can furthermore generate full system reports. You can even decide to provide us with a log report so that we can get back to you with a feedback
    •Improvements and Bug fixes: A lot of bugs are resolved. Noteworthy is real mode segment issue, that will lead to incompatibilities and slowdowns on some particular notebooks. Fixed USB keys and removable devices removing procedure bug, fixed boot disk device lookup (done starting from BCD data).

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  16. taviruni

May 8, 2010
    @ pisthai

The patch is not available to download any more, perhaps you have a copy and can share it with community.

Best Regards

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    For those who like to try that patch, it's maybe recommend for final use to follow the advice from the developer and "tweak' or "hack" your actual Kernel instead of using the patch (except for testing) so you'll not get problems with some incompatibilities because of Kernel differences.