Formula 1 - 2011 Season

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by x86, Sep 16, 2011.

1. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    More than half way through, Driver's Championship already decided. But what's your views? Which team(s) / driver(s) do you favour and why?

Personally, I have always been a Schumacher fan from the time he joined Ferrari (which is my all-time favourite team). I was lucky enough to have my favourite driver ... driving for my favourite team and witnessing him becoming a legend over the years. I was sad to see him leave the sport a few years back ... and delighted to witness his return to F1, despite driving for a team I don't really care much about (Mercedes). Some may say why did he ever decide to return and that he doesn't have the touch anymore and ... :blahblah1: Well, given the fact he's 42, there is no match for him. Team is far from perfect either, but he still manages to pull out some good results alongside Nico (especially in those last few GPs).

Watched the entire 2011 season so far and I have to say I am impressed particularly with DRS. Can't say the same about KERS. Much to my surprise, Pirelli added a nice touch to competitiveness of the sport with their choice of tyres...

Local F1 coverage is total rubbish i.e. too many ad breaks, useless commentators. So I help myself to some good & proper BBC HD coverage. Those guys are doing an excellent job and the only exception being that they tend to become annoying under certain circumstances (i.e. decisions, penalties), as they are obviously positively biased towards their 'own' Hamilton, Button etc etc

Looking forward to the 2012 season already :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    :eek:I loved watching Schumacher drive and his duels with Mika Hakkinen :D , but when he left the sport I lost interest, just like when Michael Jordan left Basketball.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    There's always a duel going on somewhere. Take last Sunday at Monza for example - Schumacher vs Hamilton; although not at the same level as it was with Mika, I still think it was terrific to watch :) And even nicer to hear Coulthard again having a go about sporting etiquette issues with Michael. I knew that was coming after Schumi nearly forcing Hamilton off the track and in the grass; only a few laps after having blocked Hamilton's line twice. Hamilton did well to keep his cool there, as he's known for his aggressiveness / short temper in the past :D

All in all, I had the same fear you mentioned, but luckily for me, I think F1 is still fun to watch now...

4. 60cent

60cent MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2011
    I think if schumacher would have a better car,he would be probably top 3 or 4.
    Schumacher is a real driver,he shows no fear and is brave,not like his brother that poos his pants when it gets in a little duel.
    If you dont risk you´ll never win and that´s what makes real drivers.

5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I was disappointed with Schumacher when he came back into the Sport, he finished on a high with Ferrari and should have left it at that.

6. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    I think he's a cool guy even outside an F1 car. Love watching him being questioned by the BBC team. They always tend to bring up subjects that would make most people feel uncomfortable; but he always seems to have a good response up his sleeve...

I think to him being an F1 driver is what's it's all about. He certainly doesn't need the money or have anything else to prove to anybody. He's just having fun driving, so the last thing he cares about is ruining his stats. Think about it. It's a privilege being an F1 driver. Most people would kill for a job like this. I would :D

7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Or get killed doing it, there is tremendous risk :eek:

8. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    R29k you know everything :hug2:

They say it´s hard for a beginner to even start a F1 car,yep it is a big risk but you get a lot of BENJAMINS too

9. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Are Benjamins worth your life, hell no :eek: