Freeware Software That Works

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Suicide Solution, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Egrupov

Egrupov MDL Member

Aug 23, 2010
  2. root909

root909 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2018
    ANY MODERATOR!!!

I presume I got any mods attention with this cap's - intentionally!

I agree on that free software (are nice) and people that post them do all of this In a good manner and with best intentions, I like free software my self so no hypocrisy on this matter. BUT.....

...some say everything after BUT is Bulls**t, well, nah! It does mean something pretty much all of the time.

Well, back to my shouting. The thing is when forum threads like this (the 1st post) - with some good links to nice free software - is popping up every person afterwards is posting like madmen all over the place and the whole thread that was intentionally good is now just a cluttered mess.

Isn't there and idè to have a "submit-button" alternative, granting members access to the first post -OR- a direct sub-post under the 1st post so that we, the users, don't have to scroll into an inferno of posting hell with mixd content of comments and links to new software and allover the place ?!

It's a pretty straight forward thing to implement: 1st forum post -> submit reply -> parent category -> comment/newsoft -> submit -> ok.

It would have done the forum and the user mass a great relief in the search for the info you need.

3. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    directory opus is not freeware. please don't give false information.

4. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012

Directory Opus 12.16 is free for thirty days.

5. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    trialware is not freeware.

6. knackertech

knackertech MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2018
    Altap Salamander 4.0

Altap Salamander is a fast and reliable two-panel file manager for Windows. It has an intuitive interface, offers viewers for all popular file formats as well as support for common archives, and has built-in FTP and SFTP clients.
    Thanks to the merge Altap with Fine company now free of charge.
    I can't post links yet but www dot altap.cz will get you there.

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^
    well if you visited the website and read ALL the content you will see that still the "child" is being born which will require some time of course; but if it matches your predecessor then it will be a good app;):D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. tigercheng

tigercheng MDL Member

May 4, 2015
  10. Murray654

Murray654 MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2015
    Bulk Rename Utility
    Great for renaming files in bulk.
    Free version worked fine, but I did buy a commercial licence because well I am a pro.
    Can't post links: www {dot} bulkrenameutility {dot} co {dot} uk

11. lynnyrd

lynnyrd MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    Most links are working and up to date.
    Thank you

12. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Does that really qualify as Freeware software? AFAIK, that entire VPN is not free.