Front usb ports weren't detected by windows 8 pro until rebooted

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Zagai, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Zagai

Zagai MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    :)Need to rebooted everytime after I had started windows 8 Pro. Could you please someone experts help me that what happended on my Wins 8 pro. Thank you in advance.:)

2. ZooKi1

ZooKi1 MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2010
    do you reinstall windows 8?

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Never had or heard from such problem, with exception of contact problem which were solved using a special Contact Cleaner like Kontakt 61.

But a question: at which stage that problem happen? with an device connected while starting the computer or connecting a device while the computer is running? If later, I would change the USB connectors with their cable inside the computer after testing the device with an different cable. I hardly believe its a Windows 8 problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Do you have the proper drivers installed :eek:

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As default the drivers for the "normal" front USB are build in Windows 8, exception maybe the USB 3.0 drivers. But a check in Device Manager will show if there is a Driver problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Zagai

Zagai MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    #6 Zagai, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    (OP)
    I am still using Win 8 pro onward although i have to restart again and again. I didn't waste my time to reinstall it again

7. Zagai

Zagai MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    :)Both of how to solved this issues had tried periodically either before or after every starting had just repeated to start windows 8 its work fine. I thought all original drivers from DVD iso.file likely good and have already checked from device manager.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The Front USB are 2.0 or 3.0?

With device connected while start computer, Windows "see" the Device? Yes or No?

Did you had changed the USB Connector and Cable of Front USB? Yes or No?

9. Zagai

Zagai MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    1: MB can only use USB 2.0.I realized, Especial in the early morning for first use my computer Windows didn't "see" my USB flash drive 2.0 at the front panel even if had plugged in it or not
    2: I have already changed The Front panel usb for new one and have tried to pluged usb flash drive in but it still can not work well
    It could be possible to reinstalled OS again.

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just curious: Check the BIOS is the latest available one. If not, I would suggest to update the BIOS first. Many machines having problems with older BIOS's!

11. Zagai

Zagai MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    :) Agreed according to that,But I don't know How to update the latest available BIOS of Intel MB . I have MB Intel DH55PJ socket 1156. I used to successfully updated the old BIOS of my ASUS P7H55-M for new one and it had worked fine. I have never tried to updated the Intel MB' BIOS. Any link? ;)

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  13. Mayplay

Mayplay MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2013
    Hey!

I may have something for you, I had a similar problem with my USB port, my USB 3 ports were detected as USB 2 after a normal boot.

But after a normal restart from Windows... here was the magic, my usb ports were now detected as USB 3. I had no way to make it work without a reboot.

After two weeks of search I finally remembered that Windows 8 come with a new feature called Hybrid Boot, made a little search how to disable it, and there I was, my problem was fixed !

What I can understand of it, when you do a normal shutdown, the kernel puts itself in hibernation, but not your user session, so when you boot up, the kernel is just loaded back, scan for new hardware and that's it, but it seems to f*ckup with detecting correctly USB ports.

Do a little search on it, you'll find plenty of sites explaining it !

In order to disable it, just do the following step :
    - Control Panel
    - Power Options
    - Select "Choose what the power buttons do" (on the left)
    - At the top, click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    - Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (recommanded)"

I hope it will solves your problem !

14. Zagai

Zagai MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2012
    :) Superlative, You great, I can solve a tiny problem easily and have already updated BIOS for newest one simultaneously.:worthy:

15. neofita

neofita MDL Member

Nov 27, 2013
    my friend, you're a genius ... they were months that I fight with this problem ... no one had been able to help me ... thanks again!