Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo Home Server and Windows Server 2008 R2 - install Needs Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by cavedweller, Feb 11, 2011.

1. cavedweller

cavedweller MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2010
    I have a new (Intel) Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo Home Server from Legend Micro. I didn't install the DOM. I connected an un-formated hard drive, a DVD drive, and a video card. I was trying to install Windows Server 2008 R2 using my Dreamspark obtained image. It boots to the CD drive but install stops because it needs some sort of drivers.

2. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

What kind of drivers is it asking for?

3. cavedweller

cavedweller MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2010
    It didn't say what kind of drivers to supply.

4. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Most likely you need SATA/RAID drivers, seems to me setup has difficulties finding HDD and maybe even DVD (Is it a SATA DVD?)
    What SATA/RAID controller does it use?

Off topic:
    cavedweller, did your Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo Home Server come with Windows Home Server 2003 preinstalled? Are you willing to share the fujitsu oembios set and OEM:SLP key with our great community?

[fs]

5. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Ok, i think i have found it
    Most likely the Scaleo Home Server uses one of these SATA controllers, which version exactly depends on specific make/model

# SiI 3132 SATA300 controller drives eSATA ports
    # Intel ICH7R controller drives 4 internal SATA ports and PATA port

Try creating a USB stick with both above drivers on it, when setup shows the 'Requires driver' dialog, browse to the drivers on USB stick, if the drivers are correct setup will recognizes the driver and you should be able to continue.

6. cavedweller

cavedweller MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2010
    It's running install from the SATA DVD. The boot-up screen detects Pri Master IDE Hard Disk and an unnamed 3rd Master... Pressing DEL didn't bring up bios setup. It finds the DVD and runs the Windows server setup. I don't know what SATA/RAID controller it uses (virtually no documentation shipped with it). Systems sold by Legend Micro didn't come with WHS. It came with some second rate Intel software on a DOM chip. I'd share if I had it. I'd prefer to install WHS if I could.