GA-X58A-UD3R. I Need to load optimized every time...

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by skanskan, Mar 18, 2012.

1. skanskan

skanskan MDL Junior Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Hello

I have an i7 930 with a motherboard GA-X58A-UD3R with bios F7L

I have my Bios settings tweaked in order to use the best configuration for my high speed RAM memory. My BIOS settings are also customized for OC speed and functionality.
    Everything works well. Memtest is OK. Stress testing is OK.

But sometimes my home suffers from frequent power cuts that affects my computer while running.
    When I switch my computer on again I have a problem, it starts with the default BIOS settings instead of my optimized ones. And it keeps that bad settings till I enter the BIOS and reload the optimized ones. Sometimes it even loses that saved good ones.

How can I avoid this problem?
    How can I modify/hack my BIOS in order to have always my optimized settings and not resetting to the default factory ones? I mean rewriting a new modified BIOS with my desired optimal values as default ones.

Now I can't buy an UPS.

regards

2. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Some BIOS have "Save custom defaults" option. :)

3. skanskan

Mar 18, 2012
    Hello again

I've noticed that my BIOS loses it's settings sometimes, even if my PC doesn't suffer from any power cutoff.
    Every two or three days I need to enter the BIOS and reload the optimized values, I don't know why.

4. skanskan

Mar 18, 2012
    Hello acrsn,

Yes I can reload it but I don't like to reload it every so often. I'd like just to switch my computer on.
    I'm using F8A but I had the same problem with older ones. I wouldn't like to go back to a very old BIOS.

I have my computer slightly overclocked and working fine.
    Anyway, even if I don't want to OC it I need those optimized options to get my RAM working properly.

regards

5. skanskan

Mar 18, 2012
    I think so, 850W high efficiency power supply for a i7 930 OC to 3.66GHz, 12GB RAM, 1 HDD, 1 GTX260

6. skanskan

Mar 18, 2012
    Hello

I have a GA-X58A-UD3R and I'm not able to boot from any pendrive inserted on the USB3.0 connector.
    I've also have an extra USB3.0 controller, but I can't choose to boot from it.

Is it possible to modify the BIOS to be able to boot from them?

Thanks

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #7 Joe C, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Does this bios lose it's time and date and defaults to the manufactured date?

If so, then you'll need to replace the CMOS battery, this holds the new data, including time and date in the bios in the event that there is a power loss. If the battery is too weak or bad, then the bios will default to factory settings during a power loss.
    Normally these are #2032 coin cell batteries available almost anywhere you can purchase batteries. They go for less than $5.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. skanskan

Mar 18, 2012
    What if I want to boot from an external device?
    I mean a Resesas USB 3.0 PICe card.

10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Just use a usb 2.0 port because your bios may not recognize that 3.0 pci-e card as a bootable device

11. skanskan

Mar 18, 2012
    I know, that's why I'm asking how to modify the BIOS in order to recognize it.

12. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #12 Joe C, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    The board is 7+ years old now, I have no idea where you can get a bios to recognize that usb 3.0 pci-e card.