ga-x79-ud3 3D bios freezing and analog audio not working

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by weaveR, Mar 10, 2012.

1. weaveR

weaveR MDL Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Hi I've recently brought the ga-x79-ud3 motherboard and whenever I try to open the bios it show just the header "GIGABYTE - UEFI DuelBIOS" and an empty blue background with no picture of motherboard or icons, tried flashing it with all the bioses avalible on the gigabyte site but same result for all.

Also the analog audio dosen't detect anything being plugged into them (installed driver off gigabytes website and comes with program that tells you if it detects anything plugged into it).

Is there any way to fix these problems without having to RMA?

2. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    If you're using front panel jacks then check if they are properly connected to mobo, also you can try resetting bios by removing battery for ~15mins, also all power sources should be disconnected from PC.
    If none helps - RMA. :)

3. weaveR

weaveR MDL Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Im using the back panel jacks, the front ones would make weird scratchy noises when I tried using them and the front usb caused the computer to crash completly.

I've reset the CMOS values with the jumper but that just caused it to ask if I wanted to load optimized defaults, would the battery make any diffrence?

4. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    In some "strange" cases it usually helps.