Gain More Performance in Windows 7 Family "Tips"

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DARKOR04, Jul 28, 2010.

1. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    #1 DARKOR04, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    Here are some useful tips to optimize performance on Windows(R) 7 Family...

My PC went from (1m 2 s) to just (46s) that cool, well for me

My Specs Are:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)(no loader nothing just "Genuine" a OEM DVD made by myself)
    System Model: HP Compaq 6735s
    Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) SI-42, ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 1788MB RAM
    Page File: 1075MB used, 2501MB available

If that work for me then work for you....

First you need some free tools to fully cleanup your system and gain performance here are them:
    1.Ccleaner Latest Version (CrapCleaner)
    2.AusDiskDrefrag Portable latest version (Defrag and Optimize Partitions)
    3.Microsoft(R) Security Essentials (Antivirus & Antispyware) consume very low RAM From 1,216k to 2,868 Tested! And very useful
    4.Windows Disk Cleanup (it comes with windows).

First- Run Disk Cleanup to erase everything unnecessary.

Second- Remove all unnecessary Startup Programs.

Third- install and run CCleaner the settings are these (Options - Advance uncheck everything and leave checked "Enable Windows Jump List" then run cleaner when finish run Registry "Scan for Issues and clean" Done next step.

Fourth - install and run Microsoft Security Essentials, Update and make a Full Scan "Remember to Set the Software as you desire, exception etc." when scan finish delete everything if found something. Next step.

Final - Run AusDiskDefrag select partition and select "Defrag and Optimize" Done... then restart system

Hope that help you.
    P.S. you can disable Indexing and Schedule Task for more Performance.

Sorry can't post links cause a have less than 20 post so google them
    I recommend not to use any Windows 7 Tweakers because those tools will crash you system after a while, trust me, I try so many of them. If the system don’t crash it will leave you with so many problems if you don’t believe try them if you want and you'll see after sometime "I learned the lesson with Try and Error".

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    If you can actually make some space in this mess, it might turn out good:)

3. DARKOR04

Jul 5, 2010
    thanks for the advice so Done! lol

4. WCCobra

WCCobra MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Not so quick sparky... don't be fooled by the task manager. MSE consumes about 35x that

5. DARKOR04

Jul 5, 2010
    So your wright, no problem with that, here we are to learn from mistakes but in my system i use MSE and everything goes fine better than others - but you can try ESET Nod32 it consume the same or little more BTW got some problems with Nod32 so a chose MSE to this tips beacause its free and works pretty well but in step 3. people chose what you like the rest its very fine try it.

6. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. DARKOR04

Jul 5, 2010
    DID YOU READ THE LAST PART OF TIPS This is intended as basic and how to get performance WITHOUT registry tweaks = includes shut down of services, potentially third party HARMFUL applications etc. that at the moment you make those reg tweaks ans services shutdown everything fine but later as days passes the system will be unstable DID YOU KNOW THAT WINDOWS 7 INSTALL ITSELF WITH THE BEST SETTINGS AVAILABLE its the trash, temps and constantly installation of software that get your system slow...