Geforce GTX Titan

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by bertikul, Feb 24, 2013.

1. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    #1 bertikul, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    Hi everyone

I have been waiting (and saving money) for a long long time to buy for the first time in my life a high-end video card. (PLEASE don't say a gtx 680 or a 7970 is more than enough....etc. I don't want SLI or Crossfire, THANKS).

Now the Geforce GTX Titan is out (expensive I know). Reading a lot of reviews on the net didn't help me so much to decide to order one. Different conclusions/opinions especially about performance/price wise.

It has the same price as GTX 690 (which is faster than Titan), but it is a dual GPU card and I've heard there are a lot of problems with multi-GPU cards/systems in many games.

Anyone can tell if I should wait a little more for the next generation NVidia/Amd video cards, which we'll not see before Q4 2013, or just jump on one of these Titan SINGLE GPU monsters?

Thanks

My Rig
    Core I7 980
    P6t Deluxe x58
    Gtx 560 Ti

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The GTX Titan is a load of rubbish the price/performance ratio is terrible and as you already know there is nothing new about it. Wait for the next generation of products.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AAKLebanon

AAKLebanon MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2012
    Look at this site, they provide a review of this card, I have GTX 660 TI, and they speack about that if I put 2 of them, It will replace the titan: 3dvision-blog dot com (sorry, the rule in this site say that I should have 20 point in order to allow me to post links !)

4. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    As I stated in the first post, I don't want SLI/Crossfire or Dual GPU cards due to problems with drivers/heat/place/Consumption/lags/crashes....etc . People have a lot of problems with these systems in many games. I Want a powerful SINGLE GPU card. But maybe GTX Titan is not the right choice as R29K stated earlier