Genuine Windows 8 Pro Key Plus Free WMC Key Will They Work With Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TECHNOMAN, Oct 13, 2013.

1. TECHNOMAN

TECHNOMAN MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Hi all,

Sorry I`ve been away for a long time was involved in car accident so only out of hospital

So I`m a little out of date with things around windows 8.1

But can someone advise please

I have read that windows 8.1 is due as a free update via windows store around the 17-18 of this month & I know from what I've read on this site that I should get that as I have a genuine windows 8 pro key

But my laptop that runs win8pro is a bit mess up (my daughter got hold of it Kids don`t we just love it)
    So now with windows 8.1 due soon

Could I do a clean install & activate as normal online without any phone method ,also I have a free Wmc key can that be activated in the same way

So I guess it would go like this

Get Windows 8.1 from Store as a upgrade save iso files

Then burn to disc & do a clean install & use installation key only
    Change Product Key to my genuine then activate online

Then choose Add features Insert Wmc Key Re-boot
    Then Activate again online

Is this correct

Thanks
    Glad To Be Back

2. dwDigitalLife

dwDigitalLife MDL Junior Member

Sep 25, 2012
    #2 dwDigitalLife, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    Clean Install Windows 8.1 And Use Your Genuine Key To Activate Online(If You Don't Want To wait Can Use WZT Iso).
    But i think Free WMC Key Is for Only One-Time Activation Try To Activate it Online(Chances Are Very Low) Or Phone Activation Definitely Work For Free WMC Key.

3. Super User

Super User MDL Addicted

Jun 26, 2012
    Sorry to hear about your car accident. Glad you're alright now.
    Winbeta.org states that users will be able to download full .iso image for clean install if they don't want to update via Windows Store. As for WMC key, I think it should activate without problem as long as you use it on the same machine/hardware.

4. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I first used the WZT leak, and found that the hash was not the same as TN DL... so I would recommend the TN DL over the WZT download....
    and yes the Genuine RetailKey for PRO will Activate either one... but the WMC key fails... so if you want Win8.1ProWMC - I have to advise wait and upgrade via Store...

Glad your back from Accident, and yep kids or grandkids can mess things up.

5. Rayn19

Rayn19 MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2012
    I upgraded my Win8.1 Pro X64 cleaned install (installed using a leaked retail key online) to Win8.1 ProWMC x64 using the free WMC promotional key (key from Win8 era) via phone. Its been more than a month now, I have no problems what so ever...:)

6. dwDigitalLife

dwDigitalLife MDL Junior Member

Sep 25, 2012
    #6 dwDigitalLife, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    I were Downloaded WZT Iso "MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.1.RTM.X64.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT" on Same Day when Leaked and Later found same Hash As "Windows 8.1 (multiple editions) (x64) - DVD (English)" of TechNet Downloads so i don't think they are different.
    And Free WMC Key Can only Be Activated with Phone Activation Method & Through Upgrade without Reactivation on win 8.1.

7. Noctophrenia

Noctophrenia MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2013
    I know we are the minority but it would be nice to have our own section for WMC news, updates, and such. To find info we have to do a lot of digging.

8. mrwwwyzzerdd

mrwwwyzzerdd MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2013
    I downloaded MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.1.RTM.X64.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT from the forum, clean install on notebook that had windows 8 pro x64 with wmc and activated. I installed windows 8.1 with windows 8 key legit purchase and the free promo back in January WMC key. Been running for about a month now no issues with activation of 8.1 with legit windows 8 key and legit wmc promo key. Note: I used the default keys to install windows 8.1 then activated with my legit keys.

9. gunter

gunter MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2013
    #9 gunter, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    How to clean install windows 8.1 with windows 8 key

When I want to do refresh or clean install my upgraded Windows said that some files missing. Then I did some trick to download Windows 8.1 files again (download 8.0 then stop 0% after that start 8.1 and download will start). There is trouble because I have only key for windows 8 and will dont work with 8.1 as clean install. I inserted free 8.1 key and after success with clean install of 8.1 then I activated with my key from windows 8, put then key for WMC and now everythink work.