Genuine Windows Validation to get KB2852386

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Carl_In_WA, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Carl_In_WA

Carl_In_WA MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2013
    I am really a novice. I finally got Daz'z loader installed and i am now running squeaky clean. I missed the KB2852386 update that free up disk space for Win 7 SP1.
    I now have to go through the Genuine Windows Validation process and install/run the tool. the question begging for a answer from the experts is, do I or do I not? Will Daz's loader withstand MS's scrutiny? From what I have gathered and now experienced it will, but please do comment. see inserted screenshot.

Should i validate.JPG

2. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #2 Humphrey, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    I believe that it will.

But there are ppl (me) that have made mirrors for this file.
    I will try to find it.

Couldn't find it but I downloaded them myself and have PM'ed you the download link.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Carl_In_WA

Carl_In_WA MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2013
    Thank you H. I actually got lucky: MS sent it as an "Optional Update" late last night. I installed and shaved of nearly 2g from the hard drive!:rolleyes: disk clean up busy.JPG I will check out the PM any ways thank you. Is there a thread that discuss the sorting out of the hundreds of download one gets from MS and which ones is good to install and which ones is not?

4. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    #4 oldsh_t, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Just to let you all know, Daz's loader will pass this Genuine Windows Validation tool that you download and run. I just tried it and passed and I was allowed to download the KB2852386. I used IE first but passed OK with it, so I then used FireFox and there I had to download and use the checking tool.

Keep this in mind the next time you run across this. You should pass.

I have run across this genuine check thing before on XP many times trying to download with FireFox, and now I have this thing saved, so when I have to prove I'm genuine again, I just run the tool and good to go.

I'll try anything,,,,,, I like to live dangerously :biggrin:
    Capture_067.jpg Capture_068.jpg

5. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #5 LostED, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    And your avatar is perfect for your post.

7. RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2010
    There's a bug with the cleanup. It caused Windows Update to ask for a hotfix that was already installed, during testing!

(As if it wasn't even official!)