Get Free Server 2008 Key [This method is turned DEAD, CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by chianf092, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    If you are still around I can get you one, just let me know

2. soccon1985

soccon1985 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    Current Key not Activate Enterprise edition only Standard Edition ! :)

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    That is really a blow... You get for free "only" Standard, shocking...

sebus

4. TassieToo

TassieToo MDL Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Are you sure? Worked fine for me on an Enterprise installation yesterday.

5. Jahanbani

Jahanbani MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    #745 Jahanbani, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
    These MAK Keys work for both Standard and Enterprise versions...
    Worked for me 2 days ago...

6. soccon1985

soccon1985 MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2009
    I use Key get from Dreamspart and Activate Windows server Enterprise Edition , But cannot active ! My Key got form Dreamspart ago 2 month ! I using ISO file download from Dreamspart !

7. blackcobra

blackcobra MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2009
    Even worked for me yesterday..... Enterprise edition..

8. deniz

deniz MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2010
    it doesn't work anymore.. i need a key for my windows 2008 r2 but doesn't work :( I tried same proxies and without proxy it says:

Logo
    Unknown or Unusable Identity Provider

The identity provider supplying your login credentials is not authorized for use with this service or does not support the necessary capabilities.

To report this problem, please contact the site administrator at root@localhost.

Please include the following error message in any email:

Identity provider lookup failed at

dreamspark.com/Shibboleth.sso/Login

EntityID:

idp.msuniversity.edu.cn/shibboleth/idp
    opensaml::saml2md::MetadataException: Unable to locate metadata for identity provider

idp.msuniversity.edu.cn/shibboleth/idp

9. T220

T220 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2009
    Keys work fine on Enterprise, people that have problems must be doing something wrong.

Was working fine till yesterday, now gives the error detailed above.

10. ckyap

ckyap MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    Might be the China-CERNET server shut down during holidays, or their program license expired to the year end?

Anyway I believe the key(s) already grabbed will continue to work for quite some time. And the keys for Server 2008 R2 Standard will also work for the Enterprise Edition.

But do anybody know whether or not the Dreamspark keys will expire years into the future? And does it require the keys to be activated for the first time within a set period after being issued, or by a deadline such as 2010, 2012, or 2015?

11. jmc830

jmc830 MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2010
    I am experiencing the same problem I desperately need a windows standard 08 server key if someone could send me one I would greatly appreciate it

12. chianf092

Aug 29, 2008
    This wouldn't be the first time the servers at China CERNet have shut down for a period of time, if I remember right it was around this time last year. Just be patient everyone they should come back, China likes to shut down their servers for a period of time.

You are correct that they will work for awhile, my friends hasn't deactivated in over a year so I can assure you they do not expire, MS still gives me the same keys on my student account.

13. duh

duh MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    tricky tricky tricky, since when M$ guys so smart? :-D

ckyap, T220, deniz, jmc830, chianf092
    dear folks,
    the method is the same method against the method has changed drastic, from a unix guy point of view? i can say they have remapped the IP to Location, using geoip or something, to make sure the IP is from china, and also it looks like they have mapped for a certain province and restricted to certain subnet in a certain province, so? this in simple english means? china-cernet has shut the door for outsider and the only way to get in is via a local door. the old proxies are also blacklisted. and thus we are reduced to nothing but same old square. if you look closely you will see re-validate. now wtf is what most will say, but i will say this, find a local door or a local backdoor/back channel, else access denied. they have blocked all the access to those who were authorised and verified but they cannot block you when you are inside out from inside. i hope i am not that technical and you folks can follow me. two major "FINE PRINT!" #1, re-validation and #2. shibboleth kicking you off the geoip segment database. which means you are screwed. i mean we all are screwed. so find a way in. i got my way in as i got a friend there and i will hook via him. and i dont think so he will entertain for 100's or 1000's of users to get authenticated via him, and thats china, if you speak against government? capital punishment. so guy get it, and good luck hope you get it. and also make friends with someone in mainland china. as from a shibboleth admin i know hos strict it is now. i will also in the meanwhile try to find the loop holes in the system. Viva Open Source, Linux/Un!x/BSD Rules! good luck.
    shibboleth = pki + otp + kerberos + sso, now its extremely tough to dodge such a high profile security system and whats worse? we got geoip database now integrated with shibbo, hehe, gimme some time. the current proxies might not work, try tor network, they got a higher success rate, than these proxies. good luck.

14. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Was good while it last. Now you need to ask your student kid, nephew etc for access

sebus

15. Acheroniano

Acheroniano MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    Not Functional anymore?

this tip not functional anymore ?

:/

i need about... 10 keys to implement a virtualized project :D

16. chianf092

Aug 29, 2008
    From the look of it no it's going to stop working. Not bad for over a year though, sorry for the new folks though.

17. ckyap

ckyap MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2009
    @chianf092:
    Have to say 'Thank You' that following your advice I grabbed quite some Server 2008 R2 keys last month when it's working.

If I consume 3 keys per year, only hope that on 2013 I can still use the remaining keys to activate Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, and at that time I definitely will let those final machines live as long as they can.

18. MasterHacker

MasterHacker MDL Junior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I can conform it is not working anymore.

19. kdo2milger

kdo2milger MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2010
    when is chinese new year?

i know they shut damn near everything down for about 2 weeks during the new year

20. chianf092

Aug 29, 2008
    It's Valentine's Day this year....