get rid of default apps: confusing situation

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by fsound, Aug 14, 2021.

1. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
  2. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    No . I didnt miss that childish crap

The thread is about ' get rid of default apps: confusing situation ' ......... not about your wounded ego .

Instead of trying and failing to shoot me down because i pointed out that you recomended a piece of bloated crap thats hundreds of mbs as an alternative to a few scripts that are only a few kbs each ....... why not offer something helpfull and / or constructive to this thread .......... and stop posting irelevant and childish egoistic looser crap .

3. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    o_O ... utterly banal

4. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Yes but this is beyond my current knowledge of PowerShell :p

That's why I mentioned the source because there are other options that the person can read and use if he doesn't want to remove everything (Example: keep Store).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. My Dear Brother you are Kidding with me ;)

Code:
    @echo off
    echo ======================================================
    echo -------------- Disable Windows Features --------------
    Powershell -Command "Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online | Where-Object {$_.State -eq 'Enabled' } | Out-GridView -PassThru -Title 'Select Windows Optional Features to Disable' | Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -NoRestart -Verbose"
    echo ------------- Remove Windows Capabilities ------------
    Powershell -Command "Get-WindowsCapability -Online | Where-Object {$_.State -eq 'Installed' } | Out-GridView -PassThru -Title 'Select Windows Capabilities to Remove' | Remove-WindowsCapability -Online -Verbose"
    echo ------------------ Remove MetroApps ------------------
    PowerShell -Command "Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online | Out-GridView -PassThru -Title 'Remove Windows Apps' | Remove-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -Verbose"
    echo ------------------ Remove SystemApps -----------------
    Powershell -Command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Out-GridView -PassThru -Title 'Remove System Apps' | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -Verbose"
    pause

7. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Finaly ...... after 26 posts ........... you post an / the answer ............ and its not several hundred mbs of crap or a script full of personal bloat . Thank you :)

8. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    I just tried all 4 of those commands with powershell 7.1.4 and the first two produced a barage of red print that said it doesnt recognise the term ' State ' ?

9. #31 Deleted member 1385001, Aug 17, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2021
    I havent tried powershell core but inbuilt powershell module in win10 does the job.
    command functions are different in core 7 as compared to that of inbuilt wpf 5.
    + Pwsh7 core is full of telemetry.
    ++ user must be sure powershell integerated scripting engine capability is not removed & enabled there in capabilities section of win10.

10. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Thank you .

The same thing happens with windows powershell ........... i think i removed ' powershell integerated scripting engine capability ' with Dism ++ = I'll reinstall the system and start again :) ........ and remove powershell 7.1.4 :)

Wich raises a question ........... wich removeable things are essentiel to rum win 10 without problems ? = Wich ones we shouldnt remove ?

11. Hmm correct question.
    For Windows Optional Features i think user knows which ones to remove or which ones to not.
    For capabilities user must be sure not to remove those set enabled in optional features plus
    [Notepad]
    [Wordpad]
    [Paint]
    [Powershell ISE ]
    must not be removed.
    For Metro Apps user is already known which ones to remove or which ones to not - i suggest removing all including store too.
    Same applies for SystemApps Appxpackages but here no any non removable isinbox app is removed.
    To remove non removable isinbox app theres a script written by myself but its of different scenario n is irrelevant to this thread in win10 subforums of MDL.

12. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Perfect:clap3:

Although Out-GridView is simple to use and understand what it does I have no domain about it I can only understand what it does in scripts so that's why I preferred not to mention about it.
    But your script in my view is perfect :)

No friend the credit is all yours :)

13. Hmm Brother you are an Expert . Crefits always goes to ol brothers & pleasure is always mine :)
    I am just a learner learning new things everyday in computers & for other things we need to survive in this Generation Era of Global World.
    My quotes sometimes be funny . Pl dont hesistate to laugh on my comments if they seem funny ;)
    Mostly people here on MDL think or assume by themself that i take too much drugs even i havent ever taken a single peice of drug in my entire life of 42 years plus some think i have many ID's on MDL trying to be oversmart on MDl & some others abuse my mother here saying me : "Lying Son of Bitch" but admin specialy yen cant even understand the exact scenario or evidenced material but ban those who themselve are victims. i still want my account to be removed from MDL completly cuz i think its the best i can do here.

Request to all people reading this comment :
    Pl take yourself as me will you bear these kind of insults by any community in this online world or will ignore them :)

14. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
  15. As according to me : intention is to indirectly say somebody mother a Bitch means the person addressed as "Lying Son of Bitch"
    if it will be addressed as Liar or then anybody can say its meant to be addressed to same person but not his mother. Leave it PL .

16. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Remove-AppxPackage removes apps from your current user and if you use the -AllUsers switch this removes apps from all currently existing users as well.

Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage removes apps entirely from the system so that when a new user is created they will not be installed for him.

If you only use the first command when a new user is created all the apps will be installed for him so to fully purge the bloat from the system the 2 commands are needed.

AUSM Absolutely Correct :Lighten: