[Giveaway/Contest] for 30 Licenses of Revo Uninstaller Pro.

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Check your PM inbox. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. hariss

hariss MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2011
    thankyou sid

3. antonio8909

antonio8909 MDL Guru

Feb 16, 2014
  4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Congratulations to all the winners. :)

5. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Out of 30winners, 26 winners have claimed their licenses respectively:
    @endbase
    @s1ave77
    @baxter89gsp
    @craftbrewer
    @qaj1shi
    @kochecho
    @NoobIsrael
    @arkilus
    @zen45
    @THEGAFFER
    @sterchin
    @acemnr suvwxz
    @DigiBill
    @ryanastley
    @Nepoleon
    @Chibi ANUBIS
    @Ashwin
    @sidd12
    @Solarsails
    @ant_gamal
    @ibrahimefe
    @Rafatolla
    @germ9
    @dhmak
    @antonio8909
    @MEDFAX
    --------------------------------------------------
    The remaining 4 winners have 2 more days to pm their win. They are:

@kkk682514
    @heikwith
    @legaia
    @felix_max

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. alexyu

alexyu MDL Novice

May 21, 2017
    Maybe I'm not used to this, but I thought "pm" meant that a 'private message' would be sent (to my registeredf e-mail address), and I'd have to reply to it -- but, in this case, I never received one, so couldn't reply to a message I never got!
    Or did I get it all wrong? Is there some mailbox within the Forum for 'pm's, which I'd have to watch?
    :-((

7. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    1. In the top right corner, you'll see a link called "Inbox". That will bring your here ( LINK ).
    2. You can have the site automatically send you an e-mail whenever someone sends you a PM by following this: LINK
    You will however still need to visit the site to read, write, or reply to a PM. You cannot do it via your e-mail. I hope that helps :)

8. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    #168 sid_16, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    (OP)
  9. alexyu

alexyu MDL Novice

May 21, 2017
    Thanks for taking the time and trouble to write this, but I still find it all too confusing: In none of these links you sent is there any mention about "PM"s, or even any explanation of what a "PM" IS (I assumed, from this and several other forums, that it means "private message", but not even that is spelled out).

I suppose all this must be 'old hat' to most here, who already know the lingo, but not me... And, since on some other forums/blogs (I've lately also been chastised for not noticing the difference between these two) usually when one has been chosen for a giveaway, this is reported by an e-mail, I assumed it would be the same here; my fault, once more, for assuming such things without checking -- and now I know why, even though luck led to my being awarded a license in the first draw, I was cut off for not responding (since I thought any award would be announced by an e-mail, I didn't know to look at the "conversations" to check on that).

10. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    #170 GOD666, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    PM = Personal Message -or- Private Message

You will not find anything in the documentation of this site which actually states "PM", except for perhaps the language of your fellow members, such as myself, when speaking. MDL (this site) uses a software known as xenforo and within that software, it is known as "Conversations". This has been discussed at length in the past on the software developer's (xenforo) website but was often ignored. The phrase "PM" has been used for decades in regards to most major forum developments and with the exception of some social media sites who use a mix of PM (personal message) or DM (direct message), xenforo is one of the few who prefers to use the phrase "conversations". This is not the fault of MDL (this site) or its staff.

If you are new to using a forum, I can see how easy that could be confusing if you are specifically looking for the phrase. Nevertheless, please keep in mind that no matter which phrase the site software uses (conversations) or everyone else may use here when addressing one another (PM's), we are all talking about the same thing. ;)

11. alexyu

alexyu MDL Novice

May 21, 2017
    Once more, thanks for the attention. As I said, I guess the trouble was mostly my own fault, for making assumptions about 'private messages', and what they were in the context of this forum... Since the rules for the Revo promotion said "If you're a winner and you don't respond to your private message within 4 days then someone else will be selected (...) Be sure you've got your private messaging enabled as that's how you'll be told if you're a winner", I thought that meant that I should be on the lookout for e-mails announcing a possible win, and that I should respond within 4 days to such an e-mail (since that has been the way such promotions have been done on some other sites); it never occurred to me that I should check on the deadline in a "conversations" page instead -- so, since by the deadline no e-mail had arrived, I assumed I had not been chosen, and didn't think I was missing anything, and was dismayed when, a few days later, I visited the site to see who had won... I really should have thought about what "get your private messaging enabled" really meant, instead of assuming it meant using my actual e-mail on the posting and allowing messages from this site, as I did. Oh well, live and learn.

I assume that, to just post comments on posts to these Forums, nothing similar is necessary (as I'm doing now), right?

12. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    You are doing everything right to post on the forums. :)

In the future, make sure your "conversations" (or if you prefer to call it, PM's) are enabled. You can find the setting here
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/account/privacy

Once enabled you can freely read and write PM's (or if you prefer to call it, "conversations). You can find that by clicking on the "Inbox" located on the top right side of the site, which will bring you here
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/conversations/

And finally, you can have an e-mail notify you whenever you receive a PM / Conversation, by changing your settings here
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/account/contact-details
    Check the box which reads "Receive email when a new conversation message is received" ;)

While you're visiting the site you can also receive onsite notifications to events of your choosing
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/account/alert-preferences

I hope that helps and if you ever feel lost or need further help, feel free to make a quick post here (Suggestions and Feedback forum also doubles as a help forum ;) )
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/forums/suggestions-and-feedback.6/

And remember, replying to an email, will not cause any post of any kind on this site. All interactions are done via the site itself. E-mails are just a way to notify you that something interesting has happened. :)