[Giveaway/Contest] for 7 licenses of WinRAR ver.5.70.

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Mar 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #1 sid_16, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    I would like to thank RAR LAB for sponsoring 7 licenses (perpetual) of WinRAR version 5.70 (which includes some minor upgrade to 5.71 and 5.72 etc..) to our forum members and also a big thank to our member and reviewer Tarekma7 for writing this review .
    ----------------------------------------
    This giveaway starts from the 25th.March 2019 and will end on 15th. April 2019.
    ----------------------------
    [​IMG]

WinRAR
    is the Windows version of RAR Archiver, the powerful archiver and archive manager. WinRAR can create compressed files in both RAR and ZIP formats. It can unpack most known file formats such as RAR, ZIP, ISO, CAB, 7ZIP and many more. The program was first developed by Eugene Roshal (developer) and Alexander Roshal (Distributor) in 1995.

It is the most popular archiving software with more than 500 million users of the program worldwide. It is an essential archiver software that all users need. Moreover, it is compatible with all platforms including windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Android.

RAR files can, in most cases, contain content up to 30 percent more effectively compressed than within ZIP files. The most notable functions of WinRAR include very powerful document and multimedia file compression, file encryption, processing of other archive formats, programmable self-extracting (SFX) archives, damaged archive repair and Unicode support.

[​IMG]

In this review I will try to first explain the main features of the program then discuss in more details the important new features in version 5.70

User Interface:

[​IMG]

List of features and drop-down menus:

[​IMG]

WinRAR has two views available:

Archive view: WinRAR lets you easily browse all files and folders of all archives present on your computer.

File view: The files and folders can be easily browsed using the program similar to your explorer

Change the program UI Look:

For those who like to change program skin, just download many themes from the official website and open it in WinRAR to install. Installed themes can be selected in the "Options/Themes" WinRAR menu to enjoy using the program in your preferred skin. You can download the themes here:

http://www.rarlab.com/themes.htm

You can even create your own theme and use it, follow the guide present here:

http://www.rarlab.com/themes_new.htm

You can also use WinRAR logos created by other users; please visit here:

http://www.rarlab.com/logo.htm

What is the formats supported by the program?

The main formats supported by the program are RAR, RAR4 and ZIP. The program can handle many other formats so that you don’t need to install other applications. These include 7Z, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z files. RAR files offer better compression, better self-extraction multi volume, recovery record and lock mode. ZIP format is more popular, fast and can be opened without external programs

Archiving:

You can add any files or folders to an archive form. After you select the files or folders, simply right click and choose “add to archive” from the context menu. You can also open WinRAR and browse to the file or folder then select add to archive or use the built-in wizards.

The archive formats supported include RAR, RAR4 and ZIP. Note that to create archives larger than 4 GB, you need to use NTFS, as older file systems do not support such large files.

Archive name and Parameters:

These are grouped under many buttons in the pop-up dialogue. These include general, advanced, options, files, backup, time and comment

[​IMG]
    Continue reading..

--------------------------------
    HOME PAGE:
    https://www.win-rar.com/start.html?&L=0
    SUPPORT PAGE:
    https://www.win-rar.com/support.html
    Buy WinRAR:
    Buy WinRAR

Download WinRAR
    click here for 32bit version

If you like this Giveaway, consider to become an WinRAR fans at: http://www.facebook.com/winrar
    ---------------------

Competition rules:
    • To make a valid entry every participant must comment on "why do you need a free license of WinRAR 5.70? or write something about WinRAR ".
    • Only one entry allowed per household.
    • You must use your real IP address to enter the giveaway.
    • If you enter the giveaway using a proxy or VPN then we will assume that you've got other accounts here, so your entry will not be counted and you will be disqualified.
    • If you're a winner and you don't respond to your private message within 4 days then someone else will be selected.
    • You only need to post once.
    • Any other posts will be deleted.
    • If you don't want to enter the competition then don't post in this thread.
    Competition run time:
    This giveaway starts on the 25th.March 2019 and will end on 15th. April 2019.

Winners will be randomly selected using RANDOM.ORG on the 15th. April 2019 (all time is GMT+5.30).

Be sure you've got your private messaging enabled as that's how you'll be told if you're a winner.

If you agree with the above rules you're welcome.
    sid_16.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    The contest is open for participation.
    G O O D L U C K!​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tovadyk

Tovadyk MDL Junior Member

Jul 21, 2015
    #3 Tovadyk, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    I like WinRAR because of its well constructed context menu in File explorer

4. Memnon

Memnon MDL Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I have used this software earlier.
    I was small and very fast.
    It can handle many file formats, including iso files.

So, I like to use it again if I get one free license.
    Thanks!

5. liliactr

liliactr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    It's a must to be software for every computer. After format my pc, on a clean install it is the first software to install. I want to get rid of nag screen from this free to use app. Add me in to this competition.

6. malimiller

malimiller MDL Novice

May 31, 2017
    It's one of the oldest softwares I've been using for all my archive work. I can't live without winrar and I will use it forever. Hence I would love to win it.

7. nonlin01

nonlin01 MDL Junior Member

Jun 3, 2017
    From its introduction, Winrar soon became a classic and trusted program for working with archives. Due to being very efficient in use it makes life easier for all kinds of file and archive operations.

Over the years more and more useful features have been added to make it even greater. I would very much like the chance to win a licence for the latest version of this mainstay program. Thanks!

8. karthikeyan346

karthikeyan346 MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2016
    7zip sometime crashes opening tar/zip files.
    So I need winrar to solve this issue.

9. ricktendo64

ricktendo64 MDL Expert

Apr 20, 2008
    I fount it surprising that RAR5 compression is allot better than LZMA2, also WinRAR is very customizable, loads of great themes out there, I personally like the Windows 10 v2 theme by Simplex Designs

10. LinHongJun

LinHongJun MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2013
    I used it for more than ten years, it's really a good zip tool.

11. qaj1shi

qaj1shi MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2011
    WinRAR is the best compresing software out there! A license for it would be very useful for me!

12. MMIKEE

MMIKEE MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2012
    WinRAR is excellent by any measure... I have a Lifetime License but would certainly put another one to good use on another PC... Count me in...

13. dudeluv

dudeluv MDL Senior Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I use the Free WinRar daily but would love to win a free license for WinRar

14. cinome

cinome MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    I use Power Archiver and wouldn't mind getting a lifetime license from one of the best decompressor.

15. Kaush83

Kaush83 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2016
    WinRAR is the best compressing software tool for me...
    A license for it would be very useful...
    Thanks & count me in too...

16. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    I like the multi volume split ability which makes large files easier to upload into cloud. RAR5 also has decent compression ratio for many files types.

17. amr_trabelsi

amr_trabelsi MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2018
    Well I’m a daily user of winrar and honestly the prompts of ending trial is quite bothering me. Thanks for the chance mate

18. cloudval

cloudval MDL Junior Member

Jun 21, 2018
    idk if this software even needs introduction. it's a household name here. thanks for this giveaway.

19. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017
    Thanks for this giveaway, count me in if you don´t mind.

20. martinek

martinek MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2016
    Thanks for this giveaway .

I have a license for version 5.50, unfortunately this version has serious security errors.