Global Warming: Your opinion ....

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by R29k, Jun 14, 2011.

?

Is Global Warming man made or a natural cycle ?

1. Yes, it is man made

2. Undecided

3. No, I think there is another reason for it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    @Dark Knight - listen to yourself: reading (with understanding, I would say) is essential, sure! I really do hate it when people only read what they want to read to make it personal!

I certainly did not make it personal - I said NO ONE can possibly state what you stated, since we do not have such definitive data/proof!

Ergo, back to the drawing board for ya...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
  3. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    global warming is part of the cycle of the planet earth as is the ice ages we are in a warming cycle now ! and it started long before man was on this earth ! and there is "nothing" we can do to stop this cycle we do not have that kind of power ! can we affect how fast or slow the cycle happens ? we are told cleaner air will slow it down and reducing pollution will help ! but cleaner air and reducing pollution is also better for us no matter what happens !!

4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    It's about growing up, as a species and taking responsibility for what WE do!!!

And no, EU Parliament is not yet to be taken seriously enough, obviously...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
  6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    We can make the world a very horrible place though by doing things like killing all the trees. Polluting all the drinkable water. Enabling all the politicians. Umm yea we can do pretty bad things. WW3 anyone, NATO vs Russia is pretty much it as well. But I'm going off on a tangent, crazy me.

7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    "Yes, we can!" (To... ahem... paraphrase a major global state terrorist...)

Ermmm, nope, this is still subject to a major court challenge... And even if they lose - doesn't mean they are wrong!

How can gas be "green", FFS!!!??? C'mon...

And nuclear - yep, very "green", when it irradiates water, plants, animals, Humans, causes deformities, pollutes a huge tract of land and everything on it tends to be deformed etc. etc.

And even if everyone on the planet said "Yes, it's green!" - guess what?!? IT AIN'T!!! There is no messing with Science in this regard, no consensus in Science!

8. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    #1708 case-sensitive, Jul 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    Thats sounds like a speach from caligula ;)

>There is no messing with Science in this regard, no consensus in Science!

Wot !! ? :) ........ that seems to me to sort of disapeare up its own back side ? ...... at least twice :) Please explain ?

>And even if they lose - doesn't mean they are wrong!

Translated into english = Theres no point in talking to me ( = in this case you :) ) because i ( In this case you :) ) wont / dont / cant acept any proof , logic , science and cant admit that i'm ( In this case you :) ) a pr....... errrrrr wrong :) :)

That shows a total disregard for and denyal of logic ,. the whole of science , intelligence , common sense , the education system , and every legal system in the world .

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Change your "meds"... You're gone, man...

Science does not work by consensus - every so often somebody comes up and says "You're all wrong - I know better!" And s/he proves it - period!

As for "losing": it's to do with a vote in EU Parliament and/or Court. It's not science, FFS... It's a bloody vote or judge/judges and that depends on millions of stupid and not so stupid reasons, not Science!

You really have no idea what logic is, FCOL, shove your nose into some good textbooks, FFS learn the ABC...

10. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    >Science does not work by consensus

I just wrote very diplomaticly that you live outside of reality in your own personal fantasy world .

Now you prove it again . Science IS concensus . The consencus is what defines it as science .

11. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    You haven't a clue about a clue!!! Cloud-cuckoo land!!!

What, geocentric system was challenged by the very same "community" of scholastics which was promoting and defending it dogmatically, under threat of burning the heretics until yesterday - and not by Galileo, Kopernik etc.?

Darwin and Wallace came up with their novum how exactly - in great brotherhood with the establishment of their time? There is a "continuity" from the hitherto held dogmatic religiously based views of Creationism and them?!? Have you gone completely doo-lally?!?

There is a continuity of hitherto held beliefs how dirty hands of a physician couldn't possibly be harmful to women giving birth and the guy who insisted on hygiene during childbirth was driven to suicide by his "colleagues" because this glorious collegiate spirit of continuity embraced his insights into the phenomenon?!?

You're a parody of your good self, who is a clown... Leave the drugs behind...

12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
  13. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    > yahoo.com: MIT scientists think they’ve discovered how to fully reverse climate change.

= Unemployed people invent scam to get frightened people to give them free money so that they can carry on haveing their free party .

14. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    We put plastic balls in space to block the suns rays yep thats MIT, now we know what to do with those plastic balls at McDonalds game room !! wow we really are in trouble

15. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    #1715 case-sensitive, Jul 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    I think it would be better if we built a wall around the universe and put solar pannels on it and then we can sell ourselves the elctricity and make a massive profit !!!!!

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Nuclear and chemical are 'top EU health threats'
    The EU says member states need to prepare for possible nuclear and chemical threats — whether accidental or deliberate.

The announcement on Tuesday (12 July) was among the top three cross-border health threats that need to be collectively tackled by the bloc.

17. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Possible problems with / through the ukrain / russia situation . Not through nuclear power itself .

>for possible nuclear and chemical threats — whether accidental or deliberate.

Wich says ....... implys ....... 3 different possible situations = The norm ...... without threat ......... and for possible accidental or deliberate.nuclear and chemical threats .

@ Morals and ethics + carrying our responsibility .......... the only way we have at the moment to reduce nuclear waste .......... is to use it to make free green energy in nuclear power stations : ) = We have DUTY to do it !!! WE OWE it to future generations to get rid of it now . Then we could get rid of all the orwellian windmills , and stop burning gas , coal and oil at the same time . ....... and ....... Just have very cheeep , clean ; green , responsible , eco friendly atomic energy

Its not the form of generating the electricity we use ....... it about useing it / producing it in a responsible way ........... the problems that we've had and have all came because the power plants were built and controled in an iresponsible way . It was a government and capitalist problem . They put cash before us .

18. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    https://www.energy.gov/ne/articles/3-reasons-why-nuclear-clean-and-sustainable

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Independent sources is much more what we would need in this situation...

Nuclear is safe.jpg

What is nuclear power good for.jpg

20. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011