Global Warming: Your opinion ....

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by R29k, Jun 14, 2011.

?

Is Global Warming man made or a natural cycle ?

1. Yes, it is man made

2. Undecided

3. No, I think there is another reason for it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @Yen

I'm sorry man, it's just I can't stop it. This is so funny.

:laie:

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Yeah, very funny, when a known racist throws a slur like that towards a person who showed through his racism in no uncertain terms... TERRIBLY "funny"...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Again, they don't use excess fertilizer. People are just using that argument to rob people of their land. Any excess fertilizer they use one year would be cut back the next year because it's expensive and they want to make money. They have no need to over-saturate the soil to the point where they are just wasting millions of dollars. It's a leftist excuse.

On the recycling issue again, capital is irrelevant. What matters is how productive you are. If it takes less time to produce a new unit than it does to recycle an old unit, the process for recycling is flawed and needs to be fixed. It shouldn't be this way. It should always be harder to create the new unit because you have to mine the new materials, refine - often from ore or crude, then send them off to a completely different fabrication plant. With certain materials like aluminum it takes quite a lot of energy to draw the metal out of its ore state. Even though there is effectively one big metaphorical conveyor belt of production creating these items, I would argue that we similarly need to create them to recycle them if we are going to get serious about recycling rather than trying to have a one-size-fits-all approach to recycling. We already do this to an extent, but I think that we should make companies that create the products also handle recycling them. Then the various recycling centers basically turn into sorting centers where they gather up materials to send off to the various companies that manufacture things. Of course we'd have to end the overseas manufacturing to make this work.

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Well this discussion went downhill fast :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
  6. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018

Sure, with missiles raining 100m around the Zaporižžja power plant, nuclear energy in EU has never beeing so safe and green like today. :roflmao:

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Good good good good good good good good good good good GRIEF!!!
    We got another f all-knowing all-mighty troll.

8. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    At least people are stepping in giving different points of view on the subject ....... in between yourself and the commie berating each other .

BTW, Been reading through some of these other discussions , seems to me that whatever discussion gorski is involved in , always seems to go sideways

9. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018

Sure, one needs to be Albert Einstein to understand that when the largest European nuclear power plant is right in the middle of a bloody war, trying to sell the nuclear power as clean and safe, is blatantly idiotic.

10. brut7

brut7 MDL Member

Jun 9, 2007
    #1890 brut7, Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    Hey Guys, I don't want to trigger anyone but think it is warming a bit but not really sure of the reason. I have really studied this. Volcanoes belch out so much greenhouse gas that man nor cow can compete. Other planets are also warming and were not on them. Anyway I am concerned with simply anti pollution. I think this is a reasonable approach as Al Gore told us we'd all be underwater by now 20 Years ago. I was just at the beech here on Long Island, it looks great. Using nuclear done right is an answer. Thorium would be doing it right.

11. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    No, DK, it's the right winger know-it-alls who berate everybody in their ignorance and arrogance!!! God forbid somebody gives them a little taste of their own medicine...

The worst part is their simplistic BS, like I am a "commie" - listen, loser, I fought "commies" when you were pissing in the sand!!! Tw@t!!! Now go on, say I attacked you first out of the blue, unprovoked, go on...

12. cincinnatus

cincinnatus MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2017
    "Human activity has caused increased temperatures, with natural forces adding some variability"

I think some people just fail to compute in their heads how many of us there are in this world.
    And now that indians and chinese are buying SUVs and stuff too it is bound to get way worse

Cursed who made that stuff trendy.

I own a 500 and a couple of weeks ago I parked it next to an original 500 from 1957.
    It made me realize how bigger it is compared to the 500 from 1957, and yet my car is small compared to today's standard.
    Of course engines etc. are better nowadays, more efficient and more caring about the environment but still made me think

13. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
  14. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018

Wow, a man who run a huge business that relies on electrical power, wants more electricity no matter the environmental and security costs...

That's really a surprise!!! :roflmao:

What next, a Tweet from Dracula that says we need to donate more blood ?

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    He also infamously told the Bolivians (and everybody around the world, really!) regarding their lithium deposits, which he wants to mine "We're gonna take what we want! Deal with it!"

So, he put us right, eh dear conservatives?!? That's his world and world of his fellow billionaires who famously want to leave it, with us drowning in their mess, while they look beyond the boundaries of the Solar system...

Swell "example" to "follow"... What kinda di**head does one have to be to take that as a gospel?!?

One more time: at this point in time we do NOT even imagine (let alone have it all ready!!!) what we must do for 50.000 years ahead with radioactive waste we are creating, relentlessly, every day!!!

We are using who knows how many nuclear power stations and a myriad of other nuclear-powered equipment and machines (like ships and submarines, scientific and medical equipment etc.)!!!

This is NOT an intelligent way of proceeding, as a species!!! Some are profiting in the process, at least short-term, albeit very few - but all will eventually have to pay the bill, which is hefty!!!

And not just today's generations but the ones coming!!! Have we no conscience?!?!?!?!?!?

16. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    après nous, le déluge....:evil:

17. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #1897 Dark Dinosaur, Aug 27, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    if you believe it or not,
    those heat waves all over the world
    show us this damage is behind the Reparable stage
    thanks to US / China / Other industrial countries.

in Israel, which consider a 'desert' place
    like all the middle east areas.
    I feel it well, I don't remember such days

18. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    That won't end the world, it will reduce humanity. I think this was said before. If the population is 3 billion then everything is good.

19. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    This was already answered by Bobsheep way back.

20. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    As abhorrent as he can be, you do realize that's a racist statement you made right??