Good Progam to Maintain PC?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by littledebbie, Apr 25, 2010.

1. littledebbie

littledebbie MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Hello everyone. I am looking to keep all of my computers in top-shape (defragmenting, clean cookies, clean temp files, clean registry, etc)..

right now I am using TuneUp Utilities 2010 and it seems to be working just fine..

however, I was wondering if anyone was using something else they would like to recommend?

Thank you for your time.

LD

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Windows native defrag does a good job, however power defragmenter along with contig are better IMHO (but not necessary)
    CCleaner
    Malware Bytes.

Those three will keep you in pretty good shape if you have fairly safe habits. Also, browsing habits have more to do with PC health than just about anything else, I suggest using Firefox with noscript and adblock addons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ripee

ripee MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I use EasyCleaner. It's been in beta since 2006 when the Finnish teenager who created it stopped developing it, but it works perfectly on all version of Windows. It'll clean your registry, broken shortcuts, and find temp files which you've never thought could be deleted.

Best of all: it's freeware.

4. simmer

simmer MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2010
    I never touch the registry for fear of messing things up. For other tasks, I just use CCleaner for the diskcleanup and for defrag I recently got Diskeeper (the latest version) which runs in auto and also has a feature that prevents a lot of fragmentation from happening. Both are fantastic programs and are working just great.

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I personally use System Mechanic 9.5 Pro for the registry/temp crap and other minor optimizations like reg defrag(Can greatly increase boot time). I also use Diskeeper 2010 Pro Premier latest in auto mode and Perfect Disk 11 in manual mode only for defrags. I also use RAM Saver Pro for auto RAM defrag and release. They all make my computer go pretty faster. Definitely faster then stock win7 installed. And I have x64 OS too :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dlonra

dlonra MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Iobit Advanced System Care Pro, PC Tools Registry Mechanic and Auslogics Boostspeed.
    For defrag: Vopt and PerfectDisk.