Google Chrome vs Mozilla Firefox - Which do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by rompacka, Oct 12, 2012.

?

Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Poll closed Oct 26, 2012.
  1. Google Chrome

44.2%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

55.8%
  1. abu2Qa

abu2Qa MDL Junior Member

Oct 14, 2012
    #21 abu2Qa, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    @anarchist9027
    That's why I love MDL than you sir for the info :eek: "learn and learn and learn":worthy:
    MDL is a free space for free people :hug2:

2. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    As long as you visit regularly, you'll learn something pretty much every time :animatedwink:

3. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Firefox for me. Firefox is feature rich with great extensions but there are more important reasons why I'm loyal to Mozilla. With Firefox Mozilla is fostering internet freedom while Google is trying to own everything and everybody and can't be trusted. "Do No Evil" is a joke. Also, after MS killed Netscape Navigator and let browser development die Mozilla came to our rescue with a great open source browser.

4. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Are you confusing Google with Apple? :android_rulez:

5. Coffeeman

Coffeeman MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I have used them both, and some of their spin-offs like Comodo Dragon and IceDragon (based on Chromium, respectively Firefox), Waterfox because it runs great on my x64 Windows and some Nightly builds; but Chrome was faster and felt more lightweight. Even those spin-off ran pretty great on my machine. So I guess I am gonna stick with Chrome for now( and those two Dragons, just for the fun of it:) )
    Have a great day!

6. juzz

juzz MDL Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Yea its kinda the same for me with FF. Been using nightly builds since FF2 pre alpha builds. It's hard to change when you been using something so long. I tried to like Opera and chrome but there was just always something that turned me back to FF. They all solid browsers tho and you can't really go wrong with any of them in my opinion.

Wih nightly builds sometimes something is broken enough to use more stable build for day or two. But its to be expected with nightly builds when some big changes happen. Aurora would be the more stable "dev channel" for FF.

nightly -> aurora -> beta -> stable

7. teribithia

teribithia MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2012
    Now I am using chrome, as it is more simple and fast with the addons, if my FF run with >5 addons, it is too slow.

8. roke

roke MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2012
    I use both. Firefox because of plugins like Flash Video Downloader. Chrome is nice and fast but im getting audio delay with flash games.

9. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Firefox 19 will look more like Chrome.

"Mozilla, start your photocopiers."

firefox19.jpg

10. Coffeeman

Coffeeman MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Well, Chrome do has an lightweight interface:p

11. bitgeek

bitgeek MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2012
    Opera all the way!

Rest all is bad when you open more than 30 tabs. I love DragonFly for doing some hard core debugging and also the direct source edit / apply feature to remove some unwanted stuff from the page when you save / print and mouse gestures.

(One has to admit that Opera has a lot of non-existent native features than any other browser ever made!) Explore and you'll like it!

Have still got Chrome and FF as portable apps and for backup.

FF for mostly doing nasty work (like pentesting and auditing)
    Chrome with addons for accessing play store and for downloading Android apps on to PC. Both the browsers have got excellent addons and extensions though the memory / process management still a crap with FF and Chrome (and not to mention IE!).

Rest all the bookmarks lives in Opera Link synced across 5 different systems at three different locations! :)

12. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    For me its Google Chrome starts up fast and stable FF always took to long to load up

13. shadowstep

shadowstep MDL Member

May 2, 2010
    Firefox, even though Chrome's bootup is the fastest. But the addons for Firefox just make it so much better. :D

14. Misaki2010

Misaki2010 MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    I only use IE10 :) it's super fast and it works perfectly

15. damianfox

damianfox MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    I have been using chrome for awhile now and I think its better then FireFox, Just my 2cents

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Firefox much easy to work with.

Lievre

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    On my office PC with win 7 pro sp1 x86, I have experienced too many FF freezes and non responsiveness.
    I do not know what is causing this but updating flash beyond 11.2 seems to be the culprit. Uninstall >11.2 and go to 11.2 and this problem does not arise.
    Use the latest released FF beta (presently 17b2)
    Any solutions.

18. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    I don't know why mozilla firefox seems a lootttttt slower on my machines. keep on freezing as well o_O