Google Chrome vs Mozilla Firefox - Which do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by rompacka, Oct 12, 2012.

?

Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Poll closed Oct 26, 2012.
  1. Google Chrome

44.2%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

55.8%
  1. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    I use IE10 only and sometimes if the page doesn't work Srware Iron.
    Because of that do I vote also for Google Chrome.

For some reason do I just hate the Firefox interface and the way it works.. :rolleyes:

3. 3scape

3scape MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2012
    + 1 Firefox

4. stevemk14ebr

stevemk14ebr MDL Senior Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Firefox, although i enjoy Chrome's minimalistic interface i prefer the firefox's interface much more because it is setup in way that is managable yet not to cluttered but still has enough room for common used items. Also firefox is like the publics webbrowser made for them by people who understand them, although google is trying very hard to be this i don't feel they are there and i just love what mozilla is doing so i'm going to stick with them. (yes i have tried chrome and used it for about a 3 month trial, i was happy with it but preferred firefox)

5. akash4357

akash4357 MDL Junior Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Wonder why people still use Opera :p

Anyways, Google Chrome all the way here! Firefox seems to be slower than Chrome on my connection. But can never live without those plugins for firefox!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nnavinraj

nnavinraj MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2010
    same here its been about 10 or 15 times i've switched and then I immediately switch back!

7. raviabi11

raviabi11 MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2012
    I prefer firefox helps to run all sorts of scripts and its way satisfactory than chrome :p

8. netmain

netmain MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    I personally prefer Opera Browser for all the features it offers, the speed isn't that big deal as all browsers are fast and get slower after few weeks of daily usage.
    The user Interface is something I care about and Opera seems to do quite good there compared to the minimalist Chrome's one.

but in return to the poll, I will say Firefox definitely .. It is and always be my backup browser.

9. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I prefer MS products. I'm using IE9 and when IE10 comes out, I will use IE10. They are usable :D

10. ahmedhelmiradi

ahmedhelmiradi MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2012
    #50 ahmedhelmiradi, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    I think Google Chrome is better:good3: because of two reasons:
    1 - It is faster:plane:.
    2 - Some websites hang:thumbdown: with me when I open them with Firefox or IE9,10 but they work OK with Chrome:smartass:.

11. Kamar

Kamar MDL Junior Member

Dec 24, 2009
  12. =)(=

=)(= Guest

I'm thinking about going back to Chrome. Have issues with FF, some webpages does not show correctly and today i could not see pictures on a ebay like website.. but it showed the pictures in Chrome portable.

13. 0UnknowN1

0UnknowN1 MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    chrome is the best, I used Firefox for over 3 years but after the 4th version of Firefox I didn't use it, somehow I don't like the interface and beside, chrome have all the add-ons that I need so go for chrome you won't regret it.
    just use Firefox as a backup browser.

14. Cali4niaWK

Cali4niaWK MDL Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Too bad Comodo Dragon is not a poll option here, but since it's a Chrome based browser I will say this, If your using Windows 8 and Chrome 23 it is very problematic on alot of web pages not loading right. Comodo Dragon 23 is alot faster than Chrome 23 and is virtualy problem free on Windows 8.

15. instajoe77

instajoe77 MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    #58 instajoe77, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    I for one am using Firefox against all others. I like pretty much everything about it, layout, logo, layout, ease of customization. I also like to have the plugins icons handy. Oh, and when it comes to it, I super like it how easy the profile can get ported from one Windows installation to the next, keeping all bookmarks, settings, passwords, plugins and all.

I know Chrome has grown to have all the same plugins developed for it and it's speedy, but somehow I find that minimalist interface cumbersome.

Not liking any flavor of IE at all, only using it when Firefox has trouble with Flash, which it does a lot and did since the early versions (not sure what the issue is there :confused: ). As for Opera, I know a few people who wouldn't let go of it, not sure why :biggrin:. I guess in the end it's all a matter of personal preference and the power of habit.

16. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
  17. bicyclechris

bicyclechris MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2012
    Chrome blows, period.
    It has compatibility issues with many websites, where Firefox does not.
    The interface sucks, and lacks the configuration options that Firefox has.
    I use Firefox as my base browser, but I have installed Waterfox on top of it to make my browsing experience come alive!
    Waterfox is 64-bit native, and uses the Firefox code.
    You'll see marked performance benefits and speeds closer to Chrome when it is installed!
    go to waterfoxproject.org
    -C