Google Chrome vs Mozilla Firefox - Which do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by rompacka, Oct 12, 2012.

?

Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Poll closed Oct 26, 2012.
  1. Google Chrome

44.2%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

55.8%
  1. Coffeeman

Coffeeman MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Well, that is a POV, your POV but many do not agree with it. Chrome has gained a top place ahead of FF in the browser usage market:) and has come a long way. Firefox has stopped development of 64 bit version ( waterfox doesn't count because it uses FF code, it's not FF).

2. RaymondTH

RaymondTH MDL Member

Apr 23, 2012
    IE 10 because of the plethora of security options that I can configure and beam down to whatever computer im on through the magic of group policy.

3. ll Itachi ll

ll Itachi ll MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2012
    I prefer Firefox. I love Firefox addons. I like Firefox sync. A company doing few things is always better than a company doing many many things. :p But when I use Chrome, I dont know why I have feeling that Google is tracking all my activities. Same goes wih Android OS. I have to keep a Google account to signed in always. I hate every product of Google.

4. skanskan

skanskan MDL Junior Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I don't like any of them.

Chrome crashes less often and it's better at multitasking many tabs.
    Firefox shows well most pages, (Google has problems with many of them).
    Firefox addons work better too. (for example some video downloaders)

I've also tried Internet Explorer, that is more like Firefox, i.e. more compatible but less stable and slower.
    And Opera is more like Chrome, more stable but doesn't show well all sites.

regards

5. budzos

budzos MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2009
  6. aakashkumar

aakashkumar MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2012
    [h=2]Google Chrome is best Ever == :busted_blue:Speed :busted_blue:Security [/h]:busted_blue:Appearance And Much more

7. ionspot

ionspot MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2011
    #67 ionspot, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    FF user forever, thought I would try Chrome for one month in January...still using Chrome.
    BTW I use the --disk-cache-size=256 --media-cache-size=128 --disable-logging --disable-metrics --disable-metrics-reporting
    Chrome switches and I use ccleaner three or four times daily.
    I'm also one of the 731K users that use the James White theme.

8. Holden von Vloppen

Holden von Vloppen MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2010
    I prefer Firefox because I find the tab system works much better. I used to use Opera years ago and wouldn't mind trying it again. I don't hate Chrome. It's okay, but IE makes me gag.

9. c0ldhart

c0ldhart MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Firefox
    Appearence, addons (tab mix plus which is not present in chrome), fast (may be not faster than chrome but who the hell experience it if its in milliseconds)

10. echo2

echo2 MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2012
    Google Chrome...well actually Srware Iron.
    I like chome's interface and its faster than firefox
    i really like the addition security offered by iron with none of the privacy issues of chome
    plus the built in adblocker works like a charm:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Reactos

Reactos MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2012
    Firefox nightly build and Downthemall addon works fine.
    Chromium is more updated than Chrome. //commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html for windows, linux and more.

12. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. madaload

madaload MDL Junior Member

Dec 20, 2008
    #73 madaload, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    Darn it! I missed the poll deadline :mad:

I don't like this benchmark bandwagon age. FF works so well I wonder why would anyone even consider switching to Chrome or a different browser. For those fractions of a second in real life browsing? Or is it for that "fresh new look"? That's just ridiculous!

For me Firefox wins hands down every time I compare it to any other browser and it is the same for Windows and Mac. I don't have time for hobby OS's like Linux, so I cannot judge it there.

I tried to give Chrome a proper chance with the same result as Widows Fan. And I'm also a big fan of Comodo, so I really really tried, but whether it is called Dagon or just plain Chrome, it's a pain to use. Just like Opera and just like IE. As for Safari, I don't even consider it a browser. That thing is anything but. Or rather that thing is everything, which makes it an inferior browser.

Why do I prefer Firefox?

1. Non-obtrusive natural design that goes well with the OS theme
    2. Never had any problems playing any kind of streaming media
    3. Setting up privacy and network options is a breeze
    4. Adding and managing add-ons is easy and simple
    5. Freedom of choice from tons of really well made add-ons that are adding to the overall value of Firefox
    6. No built-in crap to satisfy popular demand of dimwits that change their minds on what they want with seasons
    7. Firefox is surely the most used home browser despite what official charts say

Regarding my last point, SW companies do an awful lot of testing to make sure their websites or their apps work in synch with the mainstream browser (IE) and the most "in" browsers like Chrome. This must have an impact on usage charts, mainly because testing on buggy browsers like IE and Chrome results in more regressions.

14. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    chrome rulezzzzzz:worthy:

15. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    Firefox is 10x better than Chrome. The rendering engine in all modern browsers is pretty much comparable. But Firefox has extensions are a LOT more useful than Chrome, most extensions for Chrome are copies anyway. I couldn't use a browser without my essential addons and scripts, and the only thing Chrome has given the world is their horrid UI without the title bar and the insane version numbering, which unfortunately Mozilla copied because otherwise idiots would think that FF was 'behind'.

16. cpithave

cpithave MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2013
    Firefox good for me
    my chrome have crashing problem

17. farooq8171

farooq8171 MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2013
    chrome is the best

18. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i like both.. FF saves location of dload for a server example.. acer bios dloads open acer bios folder on save from prior dload.
    if i dload a dell bios it goes to my dell bios folder.

19. cpithave

cpithave MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2013
    chrome many time caresh therefor mozilla is good for me