Google Chrome vs Mozilla Firefox - Which do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by rompacka, Oct 12, 2012.

?

Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Poll closed Oct 26, 2012.
  1. Google Chrome

44.2%
  2. Mozilla Firefox

55.8%
  1. pc71520

pc71520 MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2013
    +1 for Firefox.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. iBmeUbU

iBmeUbU MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2013
    Been using Chrome for quite a long time now. I think I use it more now because of familiarity with it. Every now and then I'll bring up IE10 but I always go back to Chrome. I like how I can log into Chrome from work and all of my favorites are there. Very useful. Don't know if you can do that with IE. Would be nice if you could.

3. cpithave

cpithave MDL Novice

Jan 13, 2013
    Mozilla for me

4. j4n11r

j4n11r MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2013
    Firefox 4 all perpose
    Chrome backup only

5. solarstone2149

solarstone2149 MDL Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Iron is better of 2
    Firefox is garbage since v4

6. hallucinogen

hallucinogen MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2013
    Firefox for me. Chrome for more than a year and all of a sudden just switched to Firefox. Don't know why.

7. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    i have stopped using Chrome, it's like a live ongoing experiment, too many crashes, no support, they keep messing with stuff that is not broken. I have chosen to use waterfox 64 bit, the Firefox equivalent but in 64bit

8. tigrr

tigrr MDL Novice

May 16, 2011
    In my opinion, Chrome a very slow and inconvenient. No flexibility in configuring plugins...

9. hpg62

hpg62 MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2013
    Firefox is great. They give you lots of addons.

Here is a cool trick that I found. You will never have to setup firefox again and it will be the same on all your pc's.

Get a dropbox or box account
    copy your firefox profile in your dropbox or box folder
    now go into firefox and delete your old profile and make a new profile and point it the dropbox or box
    you can google for how to move or setup your firefox profile

This has worked amazingly for me. As I switch between 2 laptops my bookmarks and whatever I do just pops up on the other pc.
    Also all your settings and addons will be there when you have a new pc or setup
    Try it, it's pretty damn cool.

10. retnaut

retnaut MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2013
    personally I go for Chrome. One reason.. it's easier to manage bookmarks. I know you can do the same syncing thing with Firefox.. but it is so much easier to set up on Chrome.

11. Emy12

Emy12 MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2012
    Firefox all the way. I got used with it, Chrome tried a few times and gave up. Is not for me.I do not understand why when opening Google, chrome is sitting on right side of page like a beggar, asking.....please install me. I tried to block it but is not that easy.I presume Google has his right to advertise whatever he wants on his search engine.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I use Chrome only! Several reasons, speed is one of them, bookmarks an other and more.

But as always, it's entirely up to the user what he/she like or dislike and that's good so! What would the world and the life be if everybody like the same and dislikes the other!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. shabirally

shabirally MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2013
    chromes ui, fast, and syncing