Got wind from MS :O

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hazar, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Thank god.. We hope it goes in that directory.. ;)

Hope you'll always be there for your fans Hazar.. you're now a well-celebrated programmer.. we can't afford to lose you.. damn M$.. :D

Just take care pal.. I'm sure you'll make it through.. :cool:

Regards.. :rolleyes:

2. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Indeed, after many OEM BIOS mods and Win7 activations I feel more educated.

No need to worry, torrents FTW!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Read up on US Law before giving advice...
    Distributing DMCA requests according to how the the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, DMCA for short, was written isn't against the law (Go figure...).

While the legality of giving the email address to a copyright holder is questionable (there is no clear law, some argue you can give it out, most say you need a judge to subpoena information), the DMCA wasn't delivered from Microsoft. It was delivered by DropBox who already has the information.

Had Microsoft been interested in perusing any legal action, they would have subpoenaed the information from DropBox (that means the courts force DropBox to hand over the information to Microsoft) so that a legal court case can proceed rather than send a DMCA through DropBox to remove the infringing information.

4. MyDigitalName

MyDigitalName MDL Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #24 MyDigitalName, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
    Did you share their products online, or what? I think you are hosting program YOU wrote, and M$ cannot have copyright claims of any sort over such a thing.
    The only thing I can think of is that they claim that you are hosting a software that can circumvent their protection mechanism.
    Two things here:
    1. I live in EU and we have sane laws here: a protection mechanism that has been broken (cr**ked) is not considered a protection mechanism anymore. The crime itself is breaking the mechanism, but that's been done already - I think a good lawyer could even swing the whole thing around and say that M$ did not even bother protecting its product (you have to admit that the mechanism is really lame). So, just move to an EU server and let them fix their broken mechanism.
    2. If you take a look at the internet today: there are a lot of warez, torrent, etc sites, and they live happily ever after. M$ cannot do anything about them, even if some servers are actually sitting on their own turf. So, again, move to a non-US server, or, just post your tool on a warez site - it will be mirrored on hundreds of servers around the world in the next 24 hours.
    The choices M$ has are:
    - release quality OSes that users embrace and have no problem paying for, or
    - offer the OS for a very low price - so that people don't need to think twice before buying it and turn to unofficial downloads
    - find someone to blame, prosecute the person and pray that it's going to hold the others back in non-US countries, too

Scratch that last one, it's not gonna work 100%; people might feel more compelled to "pay back" on behalf of that poor soul and go the unofficial way...

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I would suggest uploading files to sites such as sharebee, kiloupload or uploadjockey -- they can't get it down on all of them :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    yea, thats true :D:D

7. devil

devil MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    i think microsoft spies are visiting our posts to find out what is going here:p
    and they are searching ways to stop the illigal activation of their o#s
    and they are doing their best to stop pi#r#cy

8. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    that's why it's funny :D

9. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    never heard a 14 year old locked up in jail :D

10. Lenmaer

Lenmaer MDL Addicted

Jul 3, 2009
    Just wondering, could you provide us a copy of that email without personnal infos of course?
    10 pages, that's a big email.

11. windows7cy

windows7cy MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2009
    fist of all microsoft can't do anything to you and if you remove the loader from your hoster the file will travel around the web so don't worry... then so why didn't they did something about vista from other loaders?why?because they can't that's the truth

12. Dissonance

Dissonance MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I got a DMCA from my ISP thanks to Disney earlier this year (it was a torrent so they had my ip and the file I was sharing). My ISP said specifically in the letter that they wouldn't give Disney any of my info unless Disney took legal action that required them to.

The letter itself was good enough to stop me from using torrents, so I guess they accomplished their goal of stopping me from seeding with my huge upload bandwidth. I still use usenet for myself though. :rolleyes:

13. HunK

HunK MDL Junior Member

Sep 7, 2009
    @Opa Bro...

Invitation Please... :D

14. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't have :D they're going public soon I hope :)